Leyland Roadtrains

Just found this thread and I’m bumping it up so that folk can cross-reference it with my new thread on LHD Roadtrains (and Scammell S26s). Robert :slight_smile:

Earlier in the thread C66 FAF is mentioned as having a 14-litre ■■■■■■■ and 8-speed Fuller (or should that be 9-speed Fuller?). Can anyone confirm that it had this combination? To cheer you up, here a couple more pictures of it! Robert :smiley:

A few originals

Semtex:

Semtex:

biggusdickusgb:

Any idea on the history of this one…looks like a cornish reg number. Conway Bailey’s perhaps (they run a fleet of roadtrains a few years back

Spoke to the boss yesterday, and it turns out that is was one of his. Aparantly 1 of 3 that are still knocking around (not including the one in his shed)

The lorry that’s in the shed, has been recabed new old stock from the mod and repainted, was at the Cornwall truck show2014

If any Roadtrain owners are reading on here I know where there’s a pair of Cast aluminuim bottom step boxes ,I pressume from a ex blue circle unit ,the ones with a stainless tread in side .if your interested pm me and I’ll get them after this yr they will be scrapped ,I am not after profiteering from this but just saving some history .

good pics the one withthe face on was in a episode of minder :smiley:

Greetings,All.
I got this photo from my brother,who worked for Nightingale Engineering of Balham.It was taken at a féte in Reigate in the early eighties. :smiley: Regards,900x20.

IMG-20150806-WA0004.jpg

Bumped up by request.

Thanks robert.

I remember the john schooley roadtrain in trucking international,
and it was on the ti calender too,had that on my bedroom wall for years :smiley:

A tasteful example in Dover. Robert

irish roadtrain.jpg.jpg

Love the axminster livery

6822708045_366490a750_z.jpg

another from the axminster thread

CHARDT45.jpg