Sanmar

I was there 5 years n drove every thing from the day cab hyg to powerliners,used to have more fallouts with mossy n he allas said get ur stuff out o that n get in hyg,used to bug him more cos I wasn’t bothered wot I drove lol

jessicas dad:
scott moss who used to be in charge of the garage owns and drives a t reg white xf in and out of freightliner leeds.

martin moss went to live in tenerife and opened a resturant but apparently he’s skint.

photo’s for neil coming up.

he’s back over here bankrupt working for a agency out of freightliner,sandra died a few years ago

jessicas dad:

is that enough for you :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

mine was the first 1 hyg cliff berry had the Iveco jimbo had the dca coloured 1

I remember Cliff Berry -shop steward,or something. Used to bring his wife along sometimes. Whats happened to Cliff?
Last time I saw him we ate in a Rouitiers on the Left Bank of Lyon. I was on my way to Algeria.

harry:
I remember Cliff Berry -shop steward,or something. Used to bring his wife along sometimes. Whats happened to Cliff?
Last time I saw him we ate in a Rouitiers on the Left Bank of Lyon. I was on my way to Algeria.

Just going to ask the same question Harry, about Cliff Berry, hope his still with us had a lot of time for cliff used to meet him down in Italy when Sanmar were running down there, last time I heard of him he was doing a bit for BRAKE the road safety organisation, nice feller.
Now that a good memory spent many a good night at that Routiers by the river in Lyon tasting the grape. Happy days.

Ossie

Not many people knew that place,Oz. :sunglasses:

164480:
anyone of the old sanmar drivers remember john who wrote one of the mercs off he ran into a transporter parked in a layby & ripped the axles off his truck.

heych:

164480:
anyone of the old sanmar drivers remember john who wrote one of the mercs off he ran into a transporter parked in a layby & ripped the axles off his truck.

I did it was john lappage a good fried of mine who sadly passed away about 17 years ago

jessicas dad:
here’s some for neil…

choose which one of the 4 you had.

and one of 2448’s

I had D221XCP if you remember me ,Howard Cutts there from 87 to 93

I spent about 6 months there, drove both f917 and f918 day work only though, never really liked running the gauntlet of the guard dogs on early starts! Does anyone have a picture of the old shunter? I always understood that it had been rolled of a mountain in Italy , it certainly looked that way. I moved on to Mitchell’s transport in wakefield, brown red and orange motors, fodens and atkis , anyone remember them?

ex.heavy.haulage:
I spent about 6 months there, drove both f917 and f918 day work only though, never really liked running the gauntlet of the guard dogs on early starts! Does anyone have a picture of the old shunter? I always understood that it had been rolled of a mountain in Italy , it certainly looked that way. I moved on to Mitchell’s transport in wakefield, brown red and orange motors, fodens and atkis , anyone remember them?

I remember them used to work for them myself,after the atkis tho… :wink:

I wonder if anyone has pictures of Mitchell’s wagons, always well looked after and tidy when I was there. Wonder what happened to them, saw the father only the other day, still driving the same merc . (sorry this is off topic)

ex.heavy.haulage:
I wonder if anyone has pictures of Mitchell’s wagons, always well looked after and tidy when I was there. Wonder what happened to them, saw the father only the other day, still driving the same merc . (sorry this is off topic)

I ,may have one or two, will have a dig around, Barry yes he still has that merc, his son Brett he is tm for a supermarket company think its something like lidal or something out Barnsley way ? or so I have been told, Barry and Brett had a BIG BIG fallout a few years ago " over money" and they haven’t spoke to each other for years now !!!

I loved my time at Mitchell’s, Brett had the first foden, he had the chassis painted red sometime later and spoiled it in my view. Do you remember C?? TVT high cab foden, it had a 320 Gardner turbo that gave them a lot of trouble, changed to ■■■■■■■ after my time I believe. I had one of the atkis, me and another driver were subbed to archbold permanently, I spent most of my time on magnet work, when archbold had taken some of the contracts from John dee, mostly south east and down to cornwall.

ex.heavy.haulage:
I loved my time at Mitchell’s, Brett had the first foden, he had the chassis painted red sometime later and spoiled it in my view. Do you remember C?? TVT high cab foden, it had a 320 Gardner turbo that gave them a lot of trouble, changed to ■■■■■■■ after my time I believe. I had one of the atkis, me and another driver were subbed to archbold permanently, I spent most of my time on magnet work, when archbold had taken some of the contracts from John dee, mostly south east and down to cornwall.

Yes I remember the High cab Foden I had the Bloody thing reg no was C911 TVT… had a new ■■■■■■■ 365 fitted into it still had the Gardner grille badge fitted lol… used to go once you got it wound up but still a bit u/s on the hills it wouldn’t live with the Tracto 360 scanias “painted in tracto colours” on hills
wasn’t a Bad job esp if Barry was paying the wages but if Brett was paying them you was always £30~£60 pw down after he had altered the percentage you was getting, I did about 16mths on and off with them. then Basically went to Goodways …Daz

Bloody hell, small world, should have joined on here years ago. I used to work for Barry Mitchell many years ago before I branched out on my own at 23 years old. Had me on Little sed atk 301 on Archbolds then moved me on to C981 TVT Foden 6x4 320 Gardner , a real plodder but sounded great, was on with Tracto out of leeds run by John Johnson{ anyone remember him? Was in and out of Sanmar for a good few years when I branched out on my own but got stalled of Box work after 6 years then went onto Fridge work, much better. Got to know Richard in the office , he used to do all the booking in and out of containers , great lad, now drives for Freightliner leeds.

i must confess a very good friend of mine had it away with a fuel agency key off the notice board in your office.well we all used it for 2/3 days one of the boys sent a thank you letter. if the govner reads this meny meny thanks
again

heych:

heych:

164480:

I did it was john lappage a good fried of mine who sadly passed away about 17 years ago

I grew up with John,when we were kids our house was just over the fence from his parents,their was also Gary (aka Spam) who drove for them,another good friend of mine,who is on FB.

Andy

Does anyone know what happened to Sanmar (containers) of Wakefield?

David H:
Does anyone know what happened to Sanmar (containers) of Wakefield?

There is a bit of info in the Truckerash thread of the millenium but you would be advised to start at page 1. :sunglasses:

Here is a shortcut to the section about Sanmar

Did they not get a wrist slapping from the forerunners of VOSA?