R A Larkins

Mate used to work for larkins (wizzo) driving tbe F12 , the boy who drove the F10 globbie was cliffy. Dont think they ever painted her in larkins colours. The globie was a award winner from previous owner.

Fallmonk:
Mate used to work for larkins (wizzo) driving tbe F12 , the boy who drove the F10 globbie was cliffy. Dont think they ever painted her in larkins colours. The globie was a award winner from previous owner.

Hi Fallmonk, its Cliffy who is my mate. He’s 72 now and he has just about finished driving, i don’t personally know wizzo but i know Cliffy is still in regular contact with him. I’ve just discovered all my pics from the photobucket album are now defunct. Cliffy has asked me to scan up some pics for him to upload to a Facebook group so i may get the chance to re scan these ones and get them back up…cheers.

Mike-C:

Fallmonk:

Hi Fallmonk, its Cliffy who is my mate. He’s 72 now and he has just about finished driving, i don’t personally know wizzo but i know Cliffy is still in regular contact with him. I’ve just discovered all my pics from the photobucket album are now defunct. Cliffy has asked me to scan up some pics for him to upload to a Facebook group so i may get the chance to re scan these ones and get them back up…cheers.

Hi Mike I still speak (if you can get a word in) with cliffy occasionly he mentioned his problems with licence shame .
Would always be good to see old picts bloody pain photobucket changing its way to post.
Am down at telford ipms show and will have a F16 in Larkin colours (although still waiting on decsls)

magic them mike cheers saw 1 o larkins on e bay

I think the A-Series is ex-Ritsons from Kirkby - I might be wrong.

i think the a series ERF used to belong to john jarvis ( marsden motors) from jamaca street l,pool 8 used to fruit markets did you work for bobby larkin

top photos there, :smiley: that silver grey globetrotter featured in one of them trucking class mags back in the 80,s

That B-Series 6-wheeler looks very similar to one that Blundell & Rimmer had on market work.

Then again, Dobsons from Scarisbrick as well as R&J Wright from Tarleton both had one as well…

Shame theres no picture of Larkin’s B-series tractor with the 240 in it. I used to see it nearly every day back and forwards to Bow Lane at Preston.

marky:
That B-Series 6-wheeler looks very similar to one that Blundell & Rimmer had on market work.

Then again, Dobsons from Scarisbrick as well as R&J Wright from Tarleton both had one as well…

Shame theres no picture of Larkin’s B-series tractor with the 240 in it. I used to see it nearly every day back and forwards to Bow Lane at Preston.

And am I right in thinking that Bob Larkin was a driver for Bowker’s Liverpool Depot before setting up on his own?

truckspark:
i think the a series ERF used to belong to john jarvis ( marsden motors) from jamaca street l,pool 8 used to fruit markets did you work for bobby larkin

my mate did, he drove the silver volvo and won a few shows with it.

240 Gardner:

marky:

And am I right in thinking that Bob Larkin was a driver for Bowker’s Liverpool Depot before setting up on his own?

yeah Bobby drove for Bowkers. He was RA larkin. RJ larkin was based down by Jamaica St and done mainly containers.

truckspark:

I asked and you’re right, it did.