Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Not all the time I was at the helm of DIT did I have to deal with a fatal accident, crashes yes a few along the way, any ways a week ago Tuesday in Cornwall one of ours had the misfortune to be involved in such an accident with no other vehicles involved. The police attended the scene and confirmed a 28 year old male was indeed dead having been struck by the truck after running from the cover on the left and even though all our trucks are all LHD and was approaching a roundabout the driver had no chance to take avoiding action, the man was known to the police but we don’t know in what circumstances this was. The driver was released within three hours with the removal of phones from truck and driver, they found the young mans car on top of a bridge nearby and all things at the moment point to a suicide but that has not been confirmed. The police were concerned the driver may suffer from shock and were very kind in bringing him up to Exeter where we had arranged onward transport to take him home.
The trailer was released with its perishable load but the truck is still impounded and we have been informed it wont be released at the earliest on Wednesday next week as they are waiting for a VOSA inspection, it was serviced the weekend before the Tuesday by Scania.
My point being how is it proper for VOSA to react so slowly and take two weeks to inspect, we have lost valuable earning capability during this fortnight with no redress what so ever and I just wondered if any one else had suffered a similar situation, my lads a worried about having a go as they feel it may aggravate the situation and prolong it further. look forward to hearing of any similar circumstances any of you may have had. Buzzer.

26814820_1649275631797969_936935169885757185_n (4).jpg