Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Well spotted there Wrighty but VTA has been in the mags before as stated on page one of this thread and she went all over Europe for us, she was a fair example when I bought her of a young chap from Cornwall who never even had a class one licence so he removed the fifth wheel to allow him to pilot. It started life in Devon pulling a low loader and this young man got hold of her, he was a scrap dealer breaking cars and the like and I told him you bring it to me and if its as good as you say I will buy it, if not we will fill your tank to go home, well he came and we bought after a prolonged deal which involved giving him a new Volvo coat which was not a problem back then as you got one with every new truck at the time and also we had to take him to the station, had to give him cash from the bank as he would not take a cheque. Paid about five grand for it but was very sound then we spent another K5 putting it right but it did work for its living, sold it to a chap from Newbury for K12 then he spent more money on her then he unfortunately lost his licence on health grounds so she went on her travels, don’t know what she’s worth today but more than I sold her for that’s for sure, don’t think she would keep up with it today but always drew attention where ever she went in what ever country too, good free company advertising a Mary Hopkins moment for sure right there, cheers Buzzer.