english macks

Hi the Mack Mh613 of Paul Maggs is in my yard at scunthorpe
i have put the old gal back on the road i have attached photo of said truck from this weekend

DSC_8901ps.jpg

A second shot of my MH 613
I need to paint here and put my name on

hailwood:
Hi the Mack Mh613 of Paul Maggs is in my yard at scunthorpe
i have put the old gal back on the road i have attached photo of said truck from this weekend

Hi Hailwood,
Great pic’, I have posted pics of the Paul Maggs Mack on this thread before when she was pulling SCAC tilts, I always wondered what happened to her! Do you know her history since Paul Maggs got rid?
Regards Chris

Hi adr
i got the mack from a chap called andrew jenkins from deep south wales
he was going to use it to pull his low loader to take his old ERF/Fodens to truck shows
I think it frightened him when he drove it down the narrow roads where he lives
i drove it back over 250 miles never missed a beat
went through its mot with only few jobs on her
i have bin a truck driver over 30 years she feels a bit like the old fodens i used to have with rolllers in
i think maybe the intercoolers blowing as she feels a bit gutless below 1000 rpm but get to 1200 and shes away
i have a peterbilt 379 with a 600 bhp ■■■■■■■ in that pulls like a train and compaired to that it just feels a bit flat
some one told me a guy had started fitting recovery gear on the mack
good to hear from you nice to know you can remember my truck
i will be taking her to the shows next year
cheers
andy graves

hi hallwood i was in scunthorpe recently buying an f89 cab of russ fenwick i would loved to had a look at your mack its going to look smashing will you be in gaydon next year regards rowland

Hi Andy,
Thanks for the info’, always interesting to hear what has happened to wagons once they go off the radar so to speak. I used to see her up & down the A34 a lot back/forth from the South Coast ports, be great to see her at the shows next year :smiley:
Regards Chris

Hi rward
yea she will be at gayden next year
if you come to scunthorpe again call and see me , my truck yards down daws lane
kettle is allways on
cheers
andy

hailwood:
A second shot of my MH 613
I need to paint here and put my name on

hi andy,
i missed getting a photo of this truck,by 24 hours.i was at andrew jenkins’ farm the following day to take photos of his truck collection.a stunning truck :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: .
regards andrew.

Proper truck

Hi andrew
yes andrew jenkins got a nice collection of old trucks
i am trying to persuade him to part with one of his 8 cylinder gardner ERF’s B series
i have a A series with a 180 in her as a bit of a project, if i ever get her finished
cheers
andy

Took this photo outside Scania site at Skatehill Ind Est Middleton when Glass Glover was right at the start of the Estate anyone know anymore about it sometime in the mid 80s i think

Boatchaser:
Took this photo outside Scania site at Skatehill Ind Est Middleton when Glass Glover was right at the start of the Estate anyone know anymore about it sometime in the mid 80s i think

Nice streamlined/economy minded headboard there, proper job I like it! :slight_smile:
Regards Chris

adr:
This old girl was run by O/D Leon Salt from Matlock, Derbs.

wasent he in truck magazine circa 79 /80 also ran a2800 daf ?

graham schroeder:

adr:

Yes he was, left-■■■■■■ DAF 2800!
Regards Chris

adr:

graham schroeder:

adr:

Regards Chris

what ever happened to him chris

graham schroeder:

adr:

graham schroeder:

adr:

Regards Chris

Hi Graham,
I’ve no idea to be honest, he was an O/D for a few years so I guess he got his sums right & new what he was doing! He seemed to have an eye for wagons that were a bit different, I like that!
Regards Chris

adr:

graham schroeder:

adr:

graham schroeder:

adr:

Regards Chris

Hi Graham,
I’ve no idea to be honest, he was an O/D for a few years so I guess he got his sums right & new what he was doing! He seemed to have an eye for wagons that were a bit different, I like that!
Regards Chris

couldnt wait as a youngster to get my monthly fix of truck magazine to read such articles cheers graham

graham schroeder:

adr:

graham schroeder:

adr:

graham schroeder:

adr:

Regards Chris

Hi Graham,
Regards Chris

couldnt wait as a youngster to get my monthly fix of truck magazine to read such articles cheers graham

Me too mate, Commercial Motor/Motor Transport/Headlight/Truck! :smiley:
Regards Chris

Thread resurrection from several years ago ! I have tried a few times to trace a magazine article from one of the trucking international type of magazines which features the red and gold Mack interstater ran by A J Scott of Alnwick. Reg YTE 434V.
Ive noticed that a few people are putting up easily readable articles from magazines and hoped that as there are now more people reading the forum than when I last inquired (2009) someone may have come across it . Many thanks.

few i spotted in new jersey doing a del