Old F88s never die they just quietly rot away oha 787m

Look what has turned up.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=41081&start=1440

OHA 787M in her prime by the look of it

Carl:
i took these about a month ago at a heavy plant operator near radstock in somerset anyone regonise the reg number

and it runs believe it or not :open_mouth:

I need to go to specksaver’s

pics reposted john and this truck is now being restored

just to say, when i had OHA, it was mid 1983 to end of 1984, did a few tours, sisters of mercy, hanoi rocks and some others inc
gary glitter, would be great to see a restoration.

Dave s:
My dad drove that truck for WR Spencer (I think based in Brierley Hill) in the early eighties - during one of his very few breaks from M/E - Tilbury and back every day!

Crikey…found one of his old motors at long last!!

I am now the proud owner of OHA, shes looking better now.

CRACK ON TO MACON:
Worse case of F88 abuse i have seen for a long time who ever is
responsable should be shot, come on guys have a heart someone
restore it i can throw in some weekends to help. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

if i lived down your way i would be down in a flash,would not be like work ,was repairing them at a one transport leeds from 1976 :sunglasses: keith :laughing:

barrythebug:

Dave s:
My dad drove that truck for WR Spencer (I think based in Brierley Hill) in the early eighties - during one of his very few breaks from M/E - Tilbury and back every day!

Crikey…found one of his old motors at long last!!

I am now the proud owner of OHA, shes looking better now.

Any pics Barry?

David

For those that are interested, my partner is in the process of restoring an F88 that has been mentioned in this thread. :smiley:
There has been a lot of blood sweat and tears put into it with many panels being made by hand, she will soon be on the round and doing the rounds at the classic shows and i couldnt be prouder

That looks very good - you’ve every right to be proud.
Keep up the good work.

Cheers Keith

Looks lush I’m just finishing my 89 so I have few spares you might want regards rowly ward

rward:
Looks lush I’m just finishing my 89 so I have few spares you might want regards rowly ward

A few spares :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: i would like to see someone with a lot :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: even VOLVO is second to you :smiley: mite see you at Gaydon sunday

No gaydon for me lance my wife demanded we go to caravan she recons she cant listen to me on about 89 141 143 transcons any more if I mentioned gaydon gaydon God help me have a good time all regards rowly

THIRTEEN:
gary glitter, would be great to see a restoration.

Restoration…don’t you mean castration? :laughing: …sorry couldn’t resist :blush: :smiley:

Here’s an 88 I spotted in Cornwall in 2016 rotting away. :frowning:

Rob Roy was that in a transport yard out in the sticks I remember I tried to buy one in Cornwall years ago owner told me no chance quite rude

rward:
Rob Roy was that in a transport yard out in the sticks I remember I tried to buy one in Cornwall years ago owner told me no chance quite rude

Hi Rowly,
Darley Ford Coaches?
Regards Andrew.

That’s them I couldn’t remember was it you who told me or someone else and I went down regards rowly

Tbh lads I can’t remember where it was.
I go down that area every week to different places, a lot of them only once, plus it was about 3 years ago…sorry.
It was a haulage place though, not too sure about coaches.

This old gal was in A French scrapyard many moons ago

Booboobaby53:
For those that are interested, my partner is in the process of restoring an F88 that has been mentioned in this thread. :smiley:
There has been a lot of blood sweat and tears put into it with many panels being made by hand, she will soon be on the round and doing the rounds at the classic shows and i couldnt be prouder

Wow I’ve just come back to trucknetuk as a member slight user name change but this is brilliant I’m so glad it’s been saved after all these years :smiley:

:smiley: