CabMont (Cables & Montague)

Bumped up for Baldrick1953 :smiley: . Robert

I used to get return loads from them out of Turners Asbestos Cement works at Erith in the 60s, It was for delivery to Hawthorn Leslies on T V T E, For prefab houses, Regards Larry.

Anyone got any pics of CabMont?

Got some more will look them out and put them on later. the black & white photo i found on internet the colour one is in southampton used to work for them as a fitter then as a driver as cabmont and when they change to british intrenational until they packed up

Cheers KNS64. I am looking forward to seeing your other pics of CabMont.

Sorry i got no photosā€¦but Cables Montague was a good firm to work for, especially when Bert Petchey was the TMā€¦based in Blackwall Lane Greenwich.

Youā€™re right mate they were a good firm to work for. Bert/Harry Petchey and his side-kick George Skeltonā€¦ :smiley:

Viking:
Cheers KNS64. I am looking forward to seeing your other pics of CabMont.

Here is a few more another driver gave me to put on

Hello,found this cutting of this Transcon,just put the same pic on my scrapbbk thread but different writing.

Cheers Marc.

Thanks for the pics boys. Much appreciated. :smiley:

[
quote=ā€œVikingā€]Thanks for the pics boys. Much appreciated. :smiley:
[/quote]

Hi Viking the 2 DAFs that KNS64 put were 2 i drove in my 7 years with
Cabmont based in Southhampton on ACT Containers
Has to be the best job i had sofar

SB. I had 11 very good years for Cabmont on the night flyer to Kings X and back out of the St Helens depot and to my everlasting shame I never took any pics.
I only finished there because of wife troubleā€¦The worst mistake that I ever madeā€¦I should have emptied her out and kept my job. :laughing:

Here is a couple more the bottom one is a french reg berliet

Viking:
SB. I had 11 very good years for Cabmont on the night flyer to Kings X and back out of the St Helens depot and to my everlasting shame I never took any pics.
I only finished there because of wife troubleā€¦The worst mistake that I ever madeā€¦I should have emptied her out and kept my job. :laughing:

Viking was St Helens on the Otis lifts work ? I remember going into a yard
just off the 580 for fuel once as we had no fuel cards we had to fill up at
associated firms

Thatā€™s the one SB. Their depot was in Jackson St, St Helens then about 79-80 they closed that and leased an office and workshop off Heatons trans, Lock St. St Helens.
You are correct in saying that C&M had the contract with Otis Elevator, Kirkby.

I took this Daf 2000 in the mid-70s in a Bristol lorry parkā€¦wasnā€™t too sure if it was a Cabmonts motor until I read the above

Cheers Marc. :smiley:

Brilliant bubbleman. Cheers mate.

Looking for something to put on my scrapbook theme I found this :smiley:

Its surprising what you find innit!! :smiley:

Cheers Marc

Hi Viking. Remember a while ago on another thread I told you that my son had some photos of Cabmont and I would try and get him to post them ā– ā– 
KNS64, thats him and he came good. I believe he has some more when he can dig them out.

What can I say fellersā€¦a big thank you to everyone. :smiley: