Smithfield Market Pics

London markets in 1960:

Compared to nowadays, food distribution used to run like a Swiss watch, so it seems. The narrator mentions congestion in Central London- it’s all over Britain now.

And Smithfield is still in same place but the other 2 have moved

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have found a few pics of trucks delivering to the market but does any one have anymore? The lovely Irish fridges from the 70’s and early 80’s, i’d like to see any you lot have please.

Exactly what I was looking for but Scottish ones, my dad drove for gibbs of Fraserburgh for 28 years and I used to be down to smithfield market with him on holidays etc. There must be hundreds of photos from there but its just finding them.

http://www.euro-wheels.com/gallery/Smith08M

You ought to try this link then

cracking link - i thought that italian 142 had a headboard saying Licenced Betting Office :blush:

top link!!! i have seen a couple of the pics from that site but not the whole site, Marvellous! Any more would be welcome

mr 141,did you get email about the irish 141?was the info any use?

no sorry glenman i dont think i did. try sending me a message on here if you like.

sent a pm.

Mr 141:
I have found a few pics of trucks delivering to the market but does any one have anymore? The lovely Irish fridges from the 70’s and early 80’s, i’d like to see any you lot have please.

Dyer have any links to the ones you have found ?

yea it was the euro-wheels link above. its brilliant!

H rite, ive seen them, they are indeed good!