George Davies

mrken:
Ive got somepictures of warley i got from my uncle he had motors running from there and you can see big j and crusaders in the background will get them on here

Thought i would bump this up,
Hey mrken you still havnt put the piccys up of warley get your finger out,lol.
Steve.

Not much on here for a while but i found this on the net a widnes depot motor i think.
steve.

images-4.jpeg

Just found a few more photos from bob summers,hope he dont mind! Ha.

Hi, recognise some names on here that my dad spoke about. Is anyone on the original thread ‘around’ still? My dad worked for GD

Son of David Evans:
Hi, recognise some names on here that my dad spoke about. Is anyone on the original thread ‘around’ still? My dad worked for GD

Hi mate,
Who was your dad what depot did he work at?
Steve.

Here’s a couple more photos just to revive this a little bit.
Steve.

file-2.jpeg

IMG_0019-1.jpg

pollystag:

Son of David Evans:

Hi mate,
Who was your dad what depot did he work at?
Steve.

Oops just realised,lol.
Dont remember his name but where did he work out of?
Steve.

Afternoon All,

Let me start by saying thank you for posting up photos of my late Father Tony Bones and his old work colleague Bob Summers, I remember Roy Summers too.

Fond memories of going out with my Dad in that DAF 3300, and the Mercedes he had before that.

Hi,
Sad to here about Tony, he was a proper character and a good mate.
If you have any more photos would you like to put them up?
Cheers Steve.

Hi Steve,

Dad passed away on the 6th December 2008 from Prostate Cancer, been gone 11yrs now :frowning:

I have a photo of his Merc somewhere, as well as a photo of a light blue Leyland he was driving not long after i was born, he was based out of Purfleet then.

Unfortunately my Aunt took most of his photo’s when he died, hopefully i can find some more once i get my hands on them.

I do know there was some Christmas Party photos from Warley in his albums.

Blimey, He wasn’t that old then he was was only a few years older than me.
We had a few xmas partys, think I may have some photos somewhere.
Steve.

Hi Steve,

He was 68, he was still a character up to a few days before his passing

When GD closed down, he didn’t go back into haulage, he spent time in the chalk pits and did some chauffeuring amongst other things.

Not sure why he lost his mojo for driving articulated lorries?

Hi braintree,
Here’s one your dad probably drove at the Purfleet depot.

newmercman:
I remember George Davis Is Innocent graffitti on nearly every wall & bridge in East Londoin in the 70s is that the same one :question: & what was it it that he didn’t do :question:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I was going to say the same thing until I read your post ! I remember that ! On loads of railway bridges in the East-End.
How’s it going up there in the Cold North ?
GS

G.Davis.jpg

A bit of thread revival,
Thought there might be a few more of the old lads about still who will see this.

2016-10-20-18-53-39--492716705.jpeg

Hi all,

anyone got pics of the above? Mercs, Guys. When i used to go with dad out of Warley i never took any, and cant find any!!

K :smiley:

i remeber they had the place in leeds where orbital was and which is now a housing estate.but thats as far as my knowledge goes… oh my dad is mates with norman bishop who shop steward there.

I remember they started up a depot in Felixstowe during the mid 80’s,and remember the depot at Warley too.
Only trucks I remember them having then were Merc’s.

There was a guy,Derek Reeves,who as far as I can remember was shop steward at Warley,he then became an O/D pulling for Goodways out of the Felixstowe depot with an ex-Danish left ■■■■■■ Scania 141.
He then packed that in and drove for Goodways for several years,until a career change (?) took him to Russell Davies.

Leeds, yeh, that makes sense, dad used to park up outside my uncles/his brothers house in Wakefield for the night!!

Dad had a Guy Big J 4 T on Tilbury shunting and a Merc 1626 up and down the road!!