spanish dodges.............

A BRS one John

CopyofME32.jpg

Yers the same ‘T’ reg one at Speech House earlier this year…

The top-of-the-range Spanish Dodges were never imported into GB. Here is a really smart preserved one in its home country:
camionesclasicos.com/FORO/vi … 790aebbebf

That is an excellent website. The Spanish people love their old wagons, and so does their climate. That one only needed a quick squirt of paint and a bit of trim, and it looks like it has driven straight off the manufacturer’s stand at the Barcelona show. The cab looks reasonably spacious, until you see the photograph of the lorry parked between two DAF 95s!

1 from somewhere!

skandiahamn:
Banks of Sandy ran 6 wheel rigids (bulkers and flats) in green and under Banks Transport in plain blue, as well as a fleet of Dodge artics before replacing them with T.45s in the early 80s.

Great pics, this is my post from back in 2008 on page 1 of this thread -

Many years ago, I worked at Banks’ grain at Kennett near Newmarket. They were an outpost of the group based at Sandy, Beds. They had a few of these Dodge tractor units pulling bulkers on grain. We had one left which, by 1987 was retired, and used as a yard shunter.
But one of the full time drivers used to talk about one of them being involved in a spectacular smash at the roundabout at Red Lodge on the A11, leaving the ‘front’ of the cab behind the rear of the cab, I think the driver survived but was serious for ages…
Does this stir any memories for anyone?

I recall EH Lobb from the Ampthill area had some. Got a lift back to my lorry in one when on a dodgy and it went like the clappers with 10000 bricks on. Couldnt hear a word the driver said though as it was so noisy.

uploadfromtaptalk1382729183271.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1382729145012.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1382729126188.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1382729107288.jpg

When I drove for BRS Cartransporters (Toyota) in Sheerness in 1982 they hired a couple of these Spanish Dodges (Blue) don’t know who from…but bloody fast & comfortable ■■■■ Matthew (Kent)

Spent meny a happy year driving these for Bill Twibell he got the last five new ones in the country we had to pick them up of Southaptom docks regs where ABU 716Y/717Y/718Y/719Y and 720Y one or two where converted to 6x2s by wheelbase at Blackburn

Flyingrabbit:
When I drove for BRS Cartransporters (Toyota) in Sheerness in 1982 they hired a couple of these Spanish Dodges (Blue) don’t know who from…but bloody fast & comfortable ■■■■ Matthew (Kent)

Cartransport BRS had a load of them, reg’s were all PDU —W I think mostly based at Coventry.

Clydesdale or a Dodge? Decisions decisions… :unamused:

IMG_NEW.jpg

Heres a scratchbuilt 1/50th Dodge cab on a Corgi chassis I only painted it last week and have still to letter it. It had to be Houston or Wilsons of Auchenleck as they were the only two local firms that ran Dodges. Eddie.

HOUSTON BROS 2.JPG

Only ever drove one Spanish Dodge, I liked it. It was a Wilkinson Transport vehicle but painted in Citroen car parts livery as it was used on the nationwide delivery run.The only reason I got to drive it was because Wilkinson’s Higham depot used to service the contract motors and I ran it back down to Egham after it’s MOT. Not a great picture but thought it’s rare to get rear views of motors.

img 001506.jpg

Rewson Transport (Alec Jenkins) from Swansea had at least one Barreiros Dodge arctic in their small fleet. It ran in their mid-green and yellow livery. Blowed if I can recall its registration number. Anyone . . . ?

Not very roomy, I know, but the great thing was: you could get a LHD one with a ■■■■■■■ 350 and a 9-speed Fuller! All down to personal taste of course - ahem. Robert