Brain Haulage

mrken:
Here’s a few from the 17 based in Rotterdam.

Thanks to MrKen

mrken:
Some early 110s with little letters

Thanks mrken

thanks for the new photos mrken, about time someone put something about the old firm on the net, when i saw the photo of the f88 nno.i thourght i ve seen that photo somewhere and i know the driver,Dave Terry,and Dave says where did he get that photo from?so are you an old BH driver?we are becoming a smaller group each year,2012 will be twenty years since Brain Haulage went bust so maybe we could get a meet up sometime in the new year.
just like to wish all the old BH drivers still around and anybody else a merry christmas and happy new year.
all the best filinfrance.

Hi Phill no I never worked there but a lot of my family did I remember going there when i was a boy to dagenham east and Enfield and Durox
Can remeber school holidays and the magnet yard when they moved there when Ferrymasters just moved out I shall put some more on soon I just like the oddball ones like the LV Erfs and the Comets and Guys in Corbit and Millers on them but in Charlies colours glad you liked them

I dont remember Brains having too many of these…

Mark there were 4 2 sleepers and 2 daycabs in spot and IFF colours and a 200 flat in ACT colours I will dig them out also 6 F7s uk F12s

What an interesting and varied fleet Brain Haualge had, they had the following makes:-
Leyland
Guy
Seddon Atkinson
Ford
Bedford
Volvo
Scania
DAF
MAN
IVECO
Magirus Deutz
Renault

No ERF, Fodens or Mercedes in their fleet?

Does anyone have any photos of their Saudi Arabian fleet, especially the Macks.

There ya go gents, Brains saudi Mack courtesy of Mr Dave Turner (in the Headgear) he aint gonna thank me for that… sorry Dave ;0)
I would love to see some Seatrain Motors if anyone has any especially the early 110’s, if fact any new brains pics are always welcome there must be loads of them in someones drawer
Cheers

Brain Haulage (269).jpg

They did George they had A micky mouse Foden I used to go in when I was a boy it was going to be a 6 wheel mixer and in the end they sent it to yorks and had it made into a tractor unit also had 2 new S39 units from Fodens at Bow loads of 8 wheel Fodens tippers ERV64 LVs from Corbitt and Miller take over there was one 1626 long term demo will try to post some more this week As for the middle east Scanias being buried lol most came home and were put back into service on Evergreen Spot hire all left hookers The first ACT contract motors were 2 pedal beavers before the Scania 80s

way4ward:
There ya go gents, Brains saudi Mack courtesy of Mr Dave Turner (in the Headgear) he aint gonna thank me for that… sorry Dave ;0)
I would love to see some Seatrain Motors if anyone has any especially the early 110’s, if fact any new brains pics are always welcome there must be loads of them in someones drawer
Cheers

[size=150

So Where did you get this horrible photo of me .? Regards Dave T

You sent it to me mate…
Merry Xmas :0)

nice photo of dave turner there,that must jog a few memories,how you doing dave phil eyers calling from france,long long time no see must be twenty years+ since we last spoke.is that peter warner in that other picture?i cant remember if he was out there with you lot.Dave terry sends his regards by the way,twenty years this year since the firm went pop,how time flies i hit the big six five this year so iam taking it nice&easy down here in the sticks,do you see anything of brother george? say hallo from me if you do,happy new year to everyone lets have some more photos&info mrken on the old firm&who was or is your dad! keep on truckin…philinfrance.

Phill my family worked there from the late 50s at George Batterns CEB Transport (charles edward brain) J.C.Brain and the later Brain Haulage
up to the early 70s I still keep in contact with Charles My Dad was Johnny Elsdon and my uncles Alfie and Albie will post some more pics got some Scanias in the middle east to go on

There ya go gents another Brains middle east mack Courtesy of Dave Turner, Phil i believe the other guy in the pic is Dave’s brother George enjoy…

Brains Mack.jpg

thanks for the photo of the mack way4ward,i learnt to drive an artic on one exactly the same only i was in australia,if it was the same the one i drove had two gear levers&22 speed,never did find em all,bit different from the old thames trader i had been on for the milk marketing board in the uk before i left for aus. nice to hear from you too mr ken now i know who you are,is your yard still up at chadwell? is chalkey still around? i heard that johnny jones passed away last year,last time i saw john(tinlid) he was still driveing that 142 for chalky.anybody got any photos of my old rig BJN 765T the last 111.on the fleet,always slept beter in that than in the renaults or for that matter thoses vatican staff cars some of us had on mearsk. well men keep up with the good work look forward to hearing from you soon with some more photos&stories of the old firm. ps.how old must charles brain be now mrken? last time i saw him in 2005 someone said he was in his nineties then& still had a lady on his arm,please give him my regards when you see him.regards phil.

Hello Phil. Dave Smith here, one of your old Maersk Line mates. How’s things with you matey? Whatever happened to Peter Mason, Dave Prosser etc? I heard Peter Dann is no longer with us, is that correct? He always looked so bloomin’ healthy. Peter Partridge and Steve Angier came to my wife’s 50th birthday party last year in July. Hopefully we’ll being going out for an evening sometime in the near future, be nice if you could come along and any other of you ex Brains old gits still kicking around. Be nice to see you all again.
I’m still driving for Tesco in Thurrock, it’s a bit like semi retirement really. We’re working hard if we do 3000 k’s a month, not like the 3000 k’s a week we used to do on Maersk.
Don Chandler and Colin Green are still at Thurrock too. Don’s the night union rep. He often brings photos in. Brings back some good memories.
Nice to hear you’re still about mate. Very sorry to hear about your missus.
Remember that night we got the ferry across from Southampton to the Isle of Wight to see Fred Dickens? I often think about that night. I hear Fred’s gone now as well. Lot of good ole boys no longer with us.

Tetleysmooth:
Hello Phil. Dave Smith here, one of your old Maersk Line mates. How’s things with you matey? Whatever happened to Peter Mason, Dave Prosser etc?

Hi I worked with Peter Mason for around 8 years on Shell.
He is retired now and enjoying his days with his caravan and taking holidays all over the world.
Hi son Barry still works with us so I could get you some contact details if you want.

fodentanker:

Tetleysmooth:
Hello Phil. Dave Smith here, one of your old Maersk Line mates. How’s things with you matey? Whatever happened to Peter Mason, Dave Prosser etc?

He is retired now and enjoying his days with his caravan and taking holidays all over the world.
Hi son Barry still works with us so I could get you some contact details if you want.

Hello fodentanker. Thanks for that mate.
Any contact details would be great. Would love to know what Dave Prosser is doing now. I went to school with him, then we ended up working on Brains together.
20 years this year since the old firm went bang!!! Bloomin’ heck, I’m feeling old lol.

Tetleysmooth:

fodentanker:

Tetleysmooth:

Hello fodentanker. Thanks for that mate.
Any contact details would be great. Would love to know what Dave Prosser is doing now. I went to school with him, then we ended up working on Brains together.
20 years this year since the old firm went bang!!! Bloomin’ heck, I’m feeling old lol.

I will see Barry tomorrow afternoon and I will get you some contact info, if Peter isn’t on holiday as usual.

fodentanker:
I will see Barry tomorrow afternoon and I will get you some contact info, if Peter isn’t on holiday as usual.

[/quote]
You can’t blame him, can ya!!!