James c ashworth of bradford

would they be loaded at butterfeilds charlestown baildon

peterq5422:
0 nice picture which i could find more !!

peterq5422:
maxhagar the erf on page 1 awr 973 s was brownies truck my dad got it when he left and ramone cheers for book title just bought a copy from ebay where did you work with bugsy and co?

I worked at Colemans Peter sorry for the delayed response

Is this company still in existence ? ,or what happened to them ? .

No ashworths finished in 1984 I believe one of the brothers wanted out and half the money meant closing down he died not long after,the other brother jack had some trailers painted up to start up again but it never happened ■■■■ shame

Hello lads just found this thread
Do any of you old ashworth drivers remember Jack Heap or Trevor Langhorn working at ashys
They are still driving working at JODA freight in crosshills keighley with me .

Can anyone remember a driver called ( Maurice ? ) Capstick , who drove for Ashworths 30 years ago ?

Cheers , cattle wagon man.

my dad is still in contact with trevor and he has bumped into jack a few times trevors son is on this forum look for junior dib dib

Hello Peter yes Trevor is known as dib dib but the lads now call him trevor truck Jack said hed been talking to someone the other day and asking about your dad is rughead John Price still about he came to work for my granddad when he left ashys about 1971 sodid ■■■■ driver he gave me a photo of the 8 wheeler and drag with 13 tractors on up at idle

dont know whats happened to rughead he must be in his eighties now but he moved from the village i live in and went back to featherstone i believe!!Who was your grandad i thought rughead worked for john gaunt when he left ashworths my dad has been grounded since before xmas been ill but getting better hopefully back behind the wheel soon,if you could mention to trevor and jack i would like to organize a reunion for the remaining ashworths drivers at the hilltop at allerton but need any numbers they may have think it would be good to get them all in the same room again if they can help contact me on peter.quirie@sky.com cheers

My grandad was Arthur Brent our yard was at oxenhope its now Patefields rughead drove one of our AECmandators its the one on the front cover of the aec mandator book he used to park it at yhe top of hillcreast road when at home Iwill tell trevor and jack about the reunion what about mathew pratt he lives near me and has a good collection of photos id also be interested as we worked on the wool job mainly for Jack Bell and Fielders and im in the prosess of writing a book on Bradford wool haulage

Put me down for a copy .anybody would be welcome and i thought matthew pratt was doing a book about ashworths i would like to get copies of any photos of ashworths vehicles i am really after a pic of one of the cab trailers

Ill do that i have 2 photos of the double deckers jack and trev dont have any photos ive asked them when i see mathew ill see if he has any of the cab trailer im also after ashworth photos loaded with wool if you can help

peterq5422:
Put me down for a copy

Put me down for two please!

I’ll have one too!

and me please

scud:
My grandad was Arthur Brent our yard was at oxenhope its now Patefields rughead drove one of our AECmandators its the one on the front cover of the aec mandator book he used to park it at yhe top of hillcreast road when at home Iwill tell trevor and jack about the reunion what about mathew pratt he lives near me and has a good collection of photos id also be interested as we worked on the wool job mainly for Jack Bell and Fielders and im in the prosess of writing a book on Bradford wool haulage

I would like a copy too i have been trawling the net for photos of bradford wool hauliers for years but not much out there .Mick Quirke an old Henry Longs driver sent a picture of the Mammoth Major he drove for Longs loaded with bales at Liverpool docks to Classic and Vintage commercials magazine a few months back with a brief history of the motor, they also published another mammoth major my dad drove for Longs at Liverpool docks loaded from Courtaulds both excellent pictures,by the way Farmer is driving for Bradford Waste Traders now sporting a whiter than white big buffon hair do lol :smiley:

farmers hairdo its the same as a troll is he still smiling he is one hell of a grafter just a pain in the arse

peterq5422:
farmers hairdo its the same as a troll is he still smiling he is one hell of a grafter just a pain in the arse

Yeah always smiling i havent spoke to him but see him regular driving in fact you cant miss him ,maybe Snowden made him that way ,i worked with Bugsy and Bob Noble a few years back had some laughs with Bob and Colin Craven

If any of you lads get classic andvintage commercial mag the may issue should have some good photos in

Although Ashies had a large fleet, they were never the best looking motors.
Always looked a bit beaten up and in need of a good wash and spring clean.
Bells always looked smarter and even Fielders were at least as tidy.