Suffolk hauliers

Atlanta Freight from Brampton, near Beccles

Photograph brought back memories of the old days in Felixstowe. Does anyone know what David Rogers is doing these days. Moved away from the area and lost touch…

truckerash:
few more pics from “years ago”…

This pic brought back a distant memory.
Recall having a lift in a CAPELS Mercedes drawbar many years ago, possibly a LPS 1418. I’d have been in my early teens at the time (mid-70’s), and the driver took me from a customers warehouse to our own warehouse in Peterborough to top-up an export load. Anyone got any pictures of CAPELS trucks?
Incidently, I saw Simon Nolloths name mentioned. Whats he up to nowadays? Did a spell alongside him as an O/D on containers out of Felixstowe.

I can recall being on the Ferry from Antwerp to Felixstowe in company with a chap who later went on to be the Eastern Area Traffic commissioner a Mr.Geoffrey Sims, he was just a driver then and we all had a good yarn on the boat that night along with an Ancliff driver from Felixstowe depot, I often wondered how much “inside” information these people have , well he had a head start going on to run Capel (the one in the pic) after.

As you asked, here’s Simon Nolloth & his current ride…

Looks just like his dad from what I can remember.

The once busy Aros terminal at Lowestoft.

Just found three more. Regards to all Haddy.

The Iveco was one of Windsor Haulage. They were based in Whittles old yard on South Lowestoft Ind. Estate, where Spendlove is now. From what I can remember being told they were VERY dodgey, up to all sorts, apparently running on ‘reclaimed’ aviation fuel until customs & excise caught up with them.

Nurse Haulage from Halesworth.

:smiley:

:smiley: :smiley:

:open_mouth:

cowan 6 (1).jpg

:stuck_out_tongue:

:unamused:

old days 2.jpg

:angry:

old days 5.jpg

I came across these two recently, both taken in Lowestoft in the '80s, the Transcontinental belonged to Jock Stoddard and was apparently lost on the " Herald of Free Enterprise " according to the driver’s daughter.
The Daf belonged to an owner/driver in Lowestoft. I’m sure Norfolktrucker can enlighten us. Regards Haddy

552606_3932722010491_812435380_n.jpg

Haddy the daf belonged to John Ball (J D B Trucking,the van you can see in the back ground blonged to Vince (Rebel 7) the Trans con was driven i belive by Derick Harvey.

regards Andy

asc45:
Haddy the daf belonged to John Ball (J D B Trucking,the van you can see in the back ground blonged to Vince (Rebel 7) the Trans con was driven i belive by Derick Harvey.

regards Andy

Thanks for that asc45. I didn’t know who’s it was. The only owner driver I could remember with a yellow 2800 in Lowestoft was Barry Whittle, & his motor didn’t shine like that !!!

i think most of Barrys trucks were blue ( in the good times ) and in later times in what ever they came in,i drove a 2800 ex 4x2 Murfits daf for Barry