Ford Transcontinental

One for you, Barking Bill.

Wacthed a film last night about the ripper and they showed pictures of his Transcon and a page from his log sheet and the reg was JAR53N which was a essex reg in yorkshire sure ive seen that on here before Mark will know

Ford Transcontinental is in the background. This was at Humko oils at Westinghouse Road Trafford Park Manchester. My tanker was ONC100P with the designer rust on the bumper.

Humko - Trafford Park 1979.tif (1.24 MB)

mrken:

Lovely pic Kenny.

mrken:
Wacthed a film last night about the ripper and they showed pictures of his Transcon and a page from his log sheet and the reg was JAR53N which was a essex reg in yorkshire sure ive seen that on here before Mark will know

That truck was cut up with in weeks of sutcliffe been found guilty etc, I new alad who worked at the same company as sutcliffe and he said it was cut up and crushed??

Isn’t JAR53N a BRS restoration? Sure I e seen it on here, doesn’t the chap who owns it have a few transcons that have been in the mags? A White one with blue stripes and a yellow one too? I’m probably wrong.

churchyboy:

mrken:

Lovely pic Kenny.

that is simply stunning!

Does anyone have any pics of my favourite transcon belonging to HELMARK of manchester?

It was black cab with a horizontal gold band through the cab: simple but a really well turned out grafter! Any pics would be fantastic, thank you harry.

mrken:

Ken, I saw this heading for Turkey after you sold it, it still looked a tidy beast, when I first saw it I thought you’d started going over the water again, then I see the scruffy git driving it and knew it couldn’t be one of your drivers :laughing:

Found pic on Bubblemans Scrapbook of AFB 421 V in Taunton Meat livery , on page 148

i54.tinypic.com/n2o3de.jpg

Thanks for the history shame about FWC I Have about 90 uk regs for transcons and sadly its not one of the pics

MOC

Just by looking on here , & at various picture sites have came up with 180 or thereabouts UK Registrations , now trying to put them in year order , although some may be doubled up when issued with a Q Plate

newmercman:

mrken:

Ken, I saw this heading for Turkey after you sold it, it still looked a tidy beast, when I first saw it I thought you’d started going over the water again, then I see the scruffy git driving it and knew it couldn’t be one of your drivers :laughing:

hi mrken,
cool transcon photo :sunglasses: .that’s a welsh registration.she may be?an ex glyn s. john motor?
regards andrew.

Casual Observer:
Found pic on Bubblemans Scrapbook of AFB 421 V in Taunton Meat livery , on page 148

Thanks for the history shame about FWC I Have about 90 uk regs for transcons and sadly its not one of the pics

MOC

Just by looking on here , & at various picture sites have came up with 180 or thereabouts UK Registrations , now trying to put them in year order , although some may be doubled up when issued with a Q Plate

Well done CO with the 180 regs and 90 UK regs,it could be the only list available of theses iconic trucks :sunglasses:
Bubblemans cool with his pics being used on TN threads cherrs

Hi Andrew your right it was she was light blue with a white band round her she had bigger tanks than my birds eye ones and was a longer wheel base

The ex-Kestrel’s Transcon.

My piece of transcon ,And its never been near 1 :cry: NOS front emblem

The other Transcon. A604LKR (ex-Birds eye)

mrken:

so the ex translink wrecker was A601LKR could slso be an ex birds eye unit as well.

FREDDIE:

mrken:

so the ex translink wrecker was A601LKR could slso be an ex birds eye unit as well.

I thought i seen a pic around somewhere in Birdseye livery?

boris:
Nah- he should have left it alone IMO :wink: , think the transcon was a nice looking truck as it was :sunglasses: :sunglasses: - what happened to Ken Trowell is he still running?

Hi no Ken Trowell aint running no more i know cos he my cousin cant run anymore due to health, also i agree con
looked better in red if anyone knows where the con ken drove himself is now would love to know

hi all always thought ken trowells red trancon was awsome one of best looking in country used to see in builders merchants everwhere nice guy as well regards rowland

rward:
hi all always thought ken trowells red trancon was awsome one of best looking in country used to see in builders merchants everwhere nice guy as well regards rowland

thanks ill tell him next time i speak with him , has anyone got any pics of his fleet back in the day regards Nick Trowell