Trucking around Slough/Colnbrook/Datchet/Langley from.1970-

old skool kid:
Anyone on here remember my Father Frank (ITALIAN) Rossie.worked in the 70-80s for R B Ashton International/Thurrocks/Speedway Freightway/Pan Expess-(when Dave Was on the road)and for the Swanson Empire .(as long As James was paying cash in hand.) . :slight_smile:
R B Astons were from Langley ran a yellow 6x4 150 gardener aki With coffin sleeper, 6 x2 Mercs think they were 2019s or somthing like that flat out 48mph.ran Middle East.also a couple of D1000 good for 70mph till you put a trailer on. :laughing:
And one of the first leyland buffalos,sleeper cab (box) with 13 speed fuller miss one on scotch hill (watford)and you got the front wheels off the ground pulling away. :wink:
Thurrocks ran allsorts as long as you could paint it light blue,
Speedway freightway Volvos 88 and 86 and a Saviem all green (and on demo) a V10 Maggie in red when like stink but if you missed a gear in the crash box you were F***.LOL. :open_mouth:
Frank gave up International and went on to work for square grip,Gaffs,Carrols.(when Martin wore short trousers).Sprung Slumber,Goodwins,AirlinksTo name a few.
If anyone has any pictures would love to see them as Franks now shunting Angels and proberly trying to get a back hander from St Peter for some gates hes got from a mate.LOL… :unamused:
Im still in transport drive a desk most days but still go out just to show I still can 56 on the limiter I can remember it used to be first time you hit 56 was on the hill running north down the M1 hill @ A5 junction Dunstable… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: