A M Garages of Birmingham

TIR Original:
Does anyone remember A M Garages. They used to ship out of Southampton back in the late 60’s early 70’s. I think it was mainly to France.
They used to run silver coulored Merc’s and had some great drivers.
One I remember was Tommy Mann at one time I believe some kind of road foreman. I’m sure he went to the States to live in the end Any memories??

I remember them , based in Selly Oak i think.
Used to see them in Sturge Chemicals ,Kings Norton
classic TIR tilts.
The A M in the name stood for Annie Mosely

pyewacket947v:

TIR Original:
Does anyone remember A M Garages. They used to ship out of Southampton back in the late 60’s early 70’s. I think it was mainly to France.
One I remember was Tommy Mann at one time I believe some kind of road foreman. I’m sure he went to the States to live in the end Any memories??

classic TIR tilts.

Not entirely certain as it was back in the 70`s.
I think it was Annie Mousely,related to Geoff Mousely who was a director or general manager of what was Mortons (BRS) in Coventry and the work to France was originally Massey Ferguson to Beauvais which was a Mortons contract which they just happened to lose to AM,again it might just be just be a mere coincidence.

lolipop:

pyewacket947v:

TIR Original:

classic TIR tilts.

Not entirely certain as it was back in the 70`s.
I think it was Annie Mousely,related to Geoff Mousely who was a director or general manager of what was Mortons (BRS) in Coventry and the work to France was originally Massey Ferguson to Beauvais which was a Mortons contract which they just happened to lose to AM,again it might just be just be a mere coincidence.

I worked for Geoff Mousley and his Son Phillip in the 70’s, never heard of and tie-up with AM Garages though.

I worked on the coaches with an ex AM lad - Roger Spencer

A good friend of mine bought a 1924 off them in 1978, did him very good service. It had been on a contract carrying parts for Renault, who decided that they would rather AM used Berliets than Mercs, so the Mercs were sold off early.

We used to move fork trucks for them from Birmingham when I worked for Thomas MacMillan of Newton Mearns near glasgow

vernonbish777:
I worked on the coaches with an ex AM lad - Roger Spencer

Hi i knew Roger,sadly he is not with us any longer,about 4yr he suffered a heart attack at the wheel on the M42 driving for frans maas i think,roled the truck blocking motorway for most of the day…RIP

I’m sure there is a picture of one of the Berliets in the Scrapbook thread - all 70+ pages of it :smiley:

Its on page 4 :slight_smile: