OHS

Gearjammer 1:
OHS had two of these trucks and were used solely as UK shunt motors. The picture of the 4 wheel Mack above it is one that I drove from new.

A nice Sunday to you ALL.
For UK SHuntıng OHS had 3 F86 Volvo’s, then in 1982 bought 3 Whıte Dustbın Macks.

240 Gardner:

dieseldog6:
Anyone got any photo’s of this company? I would like to see some of there Macks. come on Ash you always come up trumps!!

How about a LHD Seddon Atki 400 Series in OHS livery (blue/white), featured in the brochure for the “Seddon Atkinson 400 Series International” range?? I wonder if OHS ever ran it, or at least beyond Dover! I’m still unpacking from our house move, but I’ll find it soon!

A nice Sunday to you.
Seddon’s…Yes OHS ran a few.I thınk we had 8 Seddon’s ın the fleet.
regards
Nazmi

bigwheelsjohn:
hi to you , on the topic of ohs trans, myself and andy mc maclaine were the first two drivers to be hired by orhan sertel, the turkish owner of ohs. freddy mellem and jock bell,george fardell, and nick carter and howard leigton and jimmy beigent joined later. we had some great drivers on the fieet. i was the first driver to start running down to pakistan taking supplies to the british construction marples ridgeway, who were building a large elevated highway linking iran with pakistan. we all were running to iran , syria, jordon, iraq, and kuwait , i’ve stacks of photo’s and will post them on the site later. i spent nearly 8 years with ohs, and met many many drivers from astran,davis turner,cardiff international,top hat trans. and so many other out fits that were running to middle east, meeting up in places such as the londra mocamp at istanbul and the national at belgrade and the telex motel in ankara was always a good laugh and good places to pick info on route problems etc. i’m new guy to the site so i would welcome any messages etc. and of course so sorry to hear about howard leighton…one of the best!! i’m curranty driving for a west country outfit trucking hanging meat to europe , but still have many memories of the days trucking to middle east…we were a breed apart!! john lewis :sunglasses:

Hi John, jhere is Nazmi from İzmir, later fm 1979 at OHS Raınham.Good to hear fm you.

That post from John Lewis (aka) Curran, is a couple of years old. Hopefully he’s still on the site. George Fardell tells me that he is still driving. I’m also in touch with the famous Steve Trybowski. Spoke to him a couple of days ago.

Jazzandy:
That post from John Lewis (aka) Curran, is a couple of years old. Hopefully he’s still on the site. George Fardell tells me that he is still driving. I’m also in touch with the famous Steve Trybowski. Spoke to him a couple of days ago.

Good Mornıng ANDY,
I thought there was another thread ohs?? but could not fınd ıt,any ıdea whıch page?

Jazzandy:

Does George Fardell still wear two wrist watches and a tool kit on his belt?

Good Mornıng to you ALL,
OLD BOSS is living at Bodrum, am in touch almost everyweek,not doıng bad at the age of 88.
Regards
Nazmi

bestbooties:

Jazzandy:

Yes he does, one on Rhodesian time and one on British.

By the way are you the Ian Taylor who played the bagpipes?

Jazzandy:

bestbooties:

Jazzandy:

Yes he does, one on Rhodesian time and one on British.

By the way are you the Ian Taylor who played the bagpipes?

My McBeth ancestors did, but the practice has died out this far down the line.
Still wear my McBeth tartan tie on occasions though.

I remember George Fardell getting a tug in Dover, to check on the tool kit around his belt, it was thought he may have an offensive weapon there somewhere.

Nazmi Ozcan:

Gearjammer 1:
OHS had two of these trucks and were used solely as UK shunt motors. The picture of the 4 wheel Mack above it is one that I drove from new.

For UK SHuntıng OHS had 3 F86 Volvo’s, then in 1982 bought 3 Whıte Dustbın Macks.

I Can confirm that, I drove one of the Volvo F86s for a while, cannot remember what year but I left before the diddy Macks arrived. Aj

yoyo5:

Nazmi Ozcan:

Gearjammer 1:

I Can confirm that, I drove one of the Volvo F86s for a while, cannot remember what year but I left before the diddy Macks arrived. Aj

May I hv your name plse? Nazmi

Nazmi Ozcan:

yoyo5:

Nazmi Ozcan:

Gearjammer 1:

May I hv your name plse? Nazmi

Anthony Joseph And I think I was there at the Rainham yard about 76 or 77 but it was a lot of years ago so the dates could be wrong.
I also remember the F86 was painted dark blue

Dear All,
I ınvıte you to vısıt the other OHS Thread, you can follow up how Sooty,Orhan Sertel,Contex,>Ohs been formed.
No storıesd,just the truth…regards Nazmı

Does anyone know what O.H.S. stands for ■■?

Orhan Hakki Sertel.

Jazzandy:
Orhan Hakki Sertel.

Thank you for that Jazzandy. The name was also posted on Astran FB as well by:

Andrew Roderick MacLean Posted This:

Orhan Hakki Sertel. He’s still alive, living in Bodrum but now with advanced Parkinson’s disease.

Nice to know what the Initials for a transport company stand for.

Also known as Only Half Staffed when I was in the office!

Here’s a line up when Turkey invaded Cyprus and all our trucks were unable to load!

Model by Jimsky

And the real thing!

That top pic of the R series Mack is Iran Container Company. Bottom pic is of a Contex (Turkish sister company of OHS) F series with my GMC on the right. The story of this little farago will feature in my next book!