Coventry Companies

Dai:

dieseldog6:
Dai, what was your Dads name, I knew lots of them…
my dad was taffy gunter
Taffy Gunther (spelling)
Johnny Old
Goldie
Spud Murphy
Frank Walsh
Freddy Pratt
Nobby Clarke
John Sharp
Rod Hughes (spelling)
and some off Mortons Car Delivery
Dudley Lester-Hoyles
Chris …who came off the Bowyers job came from Swindon
Arthur Sinkingson and alot I know by sight.

Sadly Johnny Sharpe and Johhny old are no longer with us and John Tailby.

dieseldog6:
Someone somewhere must have a photo of some of Mortons BRS of Coventry,

I have on flickr under the name of guybigj4t

dinger bell:
I know its an old post but dad drove for at least four of those companys. in the 60,s and 70,s hope your well, Dinger

dieseldog6:
Right does anyone have any photo’s or stories of these outfits.
Mortons of Coventry (Mortons BRS)
Brady Transport Coventry
Mousley Trucking, when they were at Siskin Dr
GKN Foundations
Cartransport BRS
Furness and Parker
Progressive Deliveries
Canley Car Deliveries
Motor Packing
Red House Motors
Ellis Greaves

There used to be Stokes Transport that used to be near the railway bridge on St. Jame’s Lane too.

Nobby589:

Dai:

dieseldog6:
Dai, what was your Dads name, I knew lots of them…
my dad was taffy gunter
Taffy Gunther (spelling)
Johnny Old
Goldie
Spud Murphy
Frank Walsh
Freddy Pratt
Nobby Clarke
John Sharp
Rod Hughes (spelling)
and some off Mortons Car Delivery
Dudley Lester-Hoyles
Chris …who came off the Bowyers job came from Swindon
Arthur Sinkingson and alot I know by sight.

Sadly Johnny Sharpe and Johhny old are no longer with us and John Tailby.

Well sad to here that Nobby, Johhny Old was some character wasn’t he, I’ve sent you a message under my new user name Nobby as I can’t get access to the one you sent the message to, Cliff
I’ve just looked through your Flicker photo’s, I know who your Dad is now , I can remember him, but not sure if he would know me, the pic of the MAN he’s stood infront of, when he had longer hair, I drove one of those on lease off Morton’s, for my Brother, even went to Holland in it, no sleeper cab!!!

Here is an early Mortons Commer, I spent alot of time in Commers like this with my Dad on Car Delivery.
The Foden is one of Motor Packing Co, when my Dad was on general haulage in the 50’s we would load there, it was opposite the Standard Triumph factory.

A nice Mandator from Mortons. Not sure where this photo came from so if I’ve done anything wrong, take it off.

James Potter, Swan Lane Coventry, still going as J Potter Skips, Southam.
oiltreader

Motor Packing Company AEC Mammoth Major at London Docks.
oiltreader

Motor Packing Co AEC.jpg

oiltreader:
Motor Packing Company AEC Mammoth Major at London Docks.
oiltreader

Good one Oiltreader… I use to go in to Motor Packing with my Dad in the 50’s

dieseldog6:
Ellis Greaves

There is an MOT/Garage with this name up in Hinckley just off the A5

My Dad drove for Mortons BRS from 1968 to its demise (Austin Tuckey) if I work out how to upload pictures to this site I will add some for your interest.

Saratoga:

dieseldog6:
Ellis Greaves

There is an MOT/Garage with this name up in Hinckley just off the A5

That’ll be Greaves and Ellis. Don’t think it’s the same. Run by an Indian family i believe.

Dieseldogsix:
Here is an early Mortons Commer, I spent alot of time in Commers like this with my Dad on Car Delivery.
The Foden is one of Motor Packing Co, when my Dad was on general haulage in the 50’s we would load there, it was opposite the Standard Triumph factory.

Hi there. Do you have any pictures of the Sentinels Mortons ran ? Mortons was where my dad started his driving career in the late 50’s early 60’s, the first truck he drove was a Sentinel. The first artic he drove was a Commer.

Hello Slope, no sorry I don’t have any of the sentinels , how I wish i’d had a camera back then living in Baginton, a truck spotters heaven, back then.
Diesel Wizzard… get those photo’s uploaded.

Hi sadly a. sinkington as passed away my dad worked for Bradys transport his name is Willy henderson

I knew Arthur Sinkingson had passed on, he beat me in the Christmas Snooker handicap final at the Baginton Legion in the 80’s he came from Penrith, I worked with him at Cartansport BRS in 1990 but had known him since the 70’s he had a great sense of humor.

John Pratt retired in 2002 just before Axial lost the Jaguar contract he was living in Rugby not hear or seen him since.

cheers for that i will have a look in phone book, thanks, Bill

foden 01:
hi Dieseldogsix il ask Joe he drinks at the glade in binley woods be excuse to have a beer

Eh up! I thought The Glade was Willenhall? Is there two or summat? If Willenhall then I wouldn’t stop in there :astonished: