Maywood Haulage

Hi hexflier i used to work for maywood in the mid 80s along with three other lads from the northeast,my name is Eddie weaver known in the yard as fasteddie we enjoyed working down there with Pinky and Sam,quaker,sainsbury,NEFF,Laskys,and a lot mour we all drove volvos F6 sleepers with alarmed box we got all over the place good job.

Hi all, new to the forum, i used to work for Maywood haulage based in hayes Middx, between 1983-1988, curious to know if anyone remembers them or used to work for them?/ :unamused:

i remember them being bought out by Dodds in the early 90’s

Welcome to trucknet Hexflyer. The name rings a bell did they run F7 Volvos? where in Hayes were they Pump lane.

cheers mate nice to be aboard (oh and a decent truck that as well scani R143-500 :wink: )

yep based in Pump Lane Hayes Middx, the Tm was a chap called David Pink i believe he’s still in the game at Dodds now, he was a pure Volvo man whereas i was always a Scania man to this day!

we had a mixed fleet of Ford D series, Dodge and Volvo F616’s, 2x F7 32t tractor units and a F12 38t, later added were 2 Scania’s a P82 32t and a P112 38t 6x2 (i really wanted him to get a Scania R142 420 as a flagship motor but he wouldn’t have it :laughing: )

i moved on in 88 to drive mobile cranes but was sad to see the demise of Maywoods with their unusual brown livered motors

snowdrop:
Hi hexflier i used to work for maywood in the mid 80s along with three other lads from the northeast,my name is Eddie weaver known in the yard as fasteddie we enjoyed working down there with Pinky and Sam,quaker,sainsbury,NEFF,Laskys,and a lot mour we all drove volvos F6 sleepers with alarmed box we got all over the place good job.

Eddie! Yes i remember you, you used to drive one of the F6 boxvans we did a big job together down in Hastings removing a floor full of mainframe computers I think there was 4 rigids on the job.

I kept in touch with Ray Crutchley until the early 2000s still had plenty of stories to tell about wooden cabs !
Pinky I think is retired now, not sure about Sam or Roy.

I’m driving trains now out of Reading.

Here you go mate best I could find. Les.

JSc00912-05.jpg

Same Lorry transportphotos.com/road/photos

lespullan:
Here you go mate best I could find. Les.

Cheers, I remember ‘ALO’ one of two F7 tractors we had replaced with two FL10s.

Stanfield:
Same Lorry transportphotos.com/road/photos

Cheers John

i remember 2 old drivers don pooley/tony duhig

hexflyer:
cheers mate nice to be aboard (oh and a decent truck that as well scani R143-500 :wink: )

yep based in Pump Lane Hayes Middx, the Tm was a chap called David Pink i believe he’s still in the game at Dodds now, he was a pure Volvo man whereas i was always a Scania man to this day!

we had a mixed fleet of Ford D series, Dodge and Volvo F616’s, 2x F7 32t tractor units and a F12 38t, later added were 2 Scania’s a P82 32t and a P112 38t 6x2 (i really wanted him to get a Scania R142 420 as a flagship motor but he wouldn’t have it :laughing: )

i moved on in 88 to drive mobile cranes but was sad to see the demise of Maywoods with their unusual brown livered motors

I remember that Maywood always used to take a full page advert, I think it was on the back cover of the ABC Freight Guide - remember that??

Did Dodd’s take them over? I seem to recall that Maywood used to carry for Whitbread

240 Gardner:

hexflyer:

I remember that Maywood always used to take a full page advert, I think it was on the back cover of the ABC Freight Guide - remember that??

Did Dodd’s take them over? I seem to recall that Maywood used to carry for Whitbread

been away awhile lol, yeh we had a long contract with whitbreads,the old man that owned us done a wobbly an left with a load of money! dodds took over, i think dave pink (pinky) is still with dodds.

I remember Maywoods on Pump Lane hexflyer.I worked for Glass Glover Distribution and came down to Pump Lane Hayes twice in 1987 on a short-term contract for Presto Supermarkets.The depot was on a dead end just up from Tarmac.

Chris Webb:
I remember Maywoods on Pump Lane hexflyer.I worked for Glass Glover Distribution and came down to Pump Lane Hayes twice in 1987 on a short-term contract for Presto Supermarkets.The depot was on a dead end just up from Tarmac.

Yeh that was it, the buildings are still there, we had another warehouse next to hayes railway stn jus recently demolished to make way for a big development of flats!, i used to store empty coca cola crates an bottles for C&C soft drinks from sunbury an park royal, also canned beer/lager for courage in reading.