Stuart taylor international

Hi I just joined this site and saw these posts I worked for Stuart in the 90s I drove an iveco euro tech in gold (n reg) for about 18 months Stuart will prob remember me as I built him a couple of model trucks before I drove for him. I knew a few of the drivers Murdoch, grant, Steve heys, Phill dodds, Eric, etc I have to say I enjoyed every minute there it was great Stuart was a great guy to work for and didn’t take any bulls–t if he knew a job couldn’t be done in time he said so. I had tons of experience when I asked him for a job but never did the continent he took a chance on me and after a couple of weeks in uk sentme out over water which at first I crapped myself! But took to very soon nick ( transport manager ) would get me back when I asked if I needed to be home I only had to give it up for family reasons ( daughter) and was sad to hear the company had to fold I have great memories and guna dig out my old photos now! As for Murdoch I saw him a couple of years ago was filling up and he asked me for directions! And we recognised each other! He was living in Spain and driving a Spanish reg truck delivering in uk! Don’t know about any others but Stuart if you read this cheers for the the work and the experience and the laughs was great let me know if you start up again I will be first in the queue. Steve

Didn’t they used to do ship stores for the cruise boats to Spain ?

Blimey, blast from the past. I remember the taylors fleet from when I firsf started driving abroad. The ones I met seemed good lads. Seem to remember a lad called iggy I think? gold eurotech iirc.

pjk, as in the tidy green and white fleet.

and, are wolfs still going today?

I was looking at stewarts video on you tube y/day especially his demise and how it came about,sad really seemed like he ran a good tidy outfit.
regards dave.

Had a night out with one of their drivers down in Freds late 80s. good lad drove a high cabbed Merc. luckily it took a while to do customs the next day at Coslada as the night turned out a little messy! :unamused:

Yeh I did a lot of ship stores typical run was down to Barcelona tip ship Friday across to zona frank a load up fruit n veg for genoa Italy park at vent till Monday then go tip Tuesday at ship again then maybee reload down at grosseta back for uk then turn at cherbourg for Seville or cordoba and reload at Formosa factory near alicanti for Argos at Birmingham happy days hated Germany though but that’s another story!

my pal Steve Rolph worked at taylors in the 90s

Hay.another name from my long past.like my mate neilf,I knew a few of the drivers. I drove to Portugal for 17yrs for R&G (Poole).then like Neil drove for Davies (Southampton),so came across the lads many times over the years.great times,fond memories… :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Hooklift08:
Hi I just joined this site and saw these posts I worked for Stuart in the 90s I drove an iveco euro tech in gold (n reg) for about 18 months Stuart will prob remember me as I built him a couple of model trucks before I drove for him. I knew a few of the drivers Murdoch, grant, Steve heys, Phill dodds, Eric, etc I have to say I enjoyed every minute there it was great Stuart was a great guy to work for and didn’t take any bulls–t if he knew a job couldn’t be done in time he said so. I had tons of experience when I asked him for a job but never did the continent he took a chance on me and after a couple of weeks in uk sentme out over water which at first I crapped myself! But took to very soon nick ( transport manager ) would get me back when I asked if I needed to be home I only had to give it up for family reasons ( daughter) and was sad to hear the company had to fold I have great memories and guna dig out my old photos now! As for Murdoch I saw him a couple of years ago was filling up and he asked me for directions! And we recognised each other! He was living in Spain and driving a Spanish reg truck delivering in uk! Don’t know about any others but Stuart if you read this cheers for the the work and the experience and the laughs was great let me know if you start up again I will be first in the queue. Steve

ste hayes worked with me till new yr he is now with simon widdowson out of haydock driving a fancy v8 infact i spoke to him last friday and he said they were having a reunion on saturday night

Hooklift08:

Hi, I have just seen the video, very good , I remember the fleet and there was a mention of a driver called Norman Westwell… I wonder if this is the same guy I first met in our early 20s , I was a driver at Silentnight Beds and he was at Wilkinsons of Earby… Later when I drove for Earby Haulage, Norman was at Armoride ( later Wardle Storey ), A few years later I was back at Silentnight when Norman came to work also… I left Silentnight in 83/84 and lost track, I heard many years later that Norman had died, dont know the details… He was a lovely lad but could be a handful after a few drinks…

i found these pics on a website
http://public.fotki.com/bedgar/truck_photographs/modern_trucks/english_trucks-1/stuart_taylor_inter/
and i wondered what happened to this firm .i remember reading a long distance diary or similar about a renault premium he had and the driver double manned it to spain with a journalist from the mag.looking at the pics he had some tidy motors.
cheers :wink: :laughing:

I worked with a couple of lads who worked for Stuart Taylor, Carl, some very flexible stories and timesheets were used :stuck_out_tongue:

i’ve been sat here rackin my brains for a good while trying to remember that name. used to run some fl10’s as well on the old swinging beef out of scotch if i remember right

i can remember i used to buy 200 “taylors” in the pub every friday night in preston :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I used to know quite a few of Taylors drivers and most were good lads although there was one who wasn’t a lad who often fell victim to runaway mouth syndrome…

I believe Mr Taylor spent some time at her majesty’s pleasure due to a some small CMR discrepancies. Basically he and a couple of his drivers failed to note down half a load of ■■■■ on a couple of occasions.

I remember the long distance diary in one of the truck mags and the journo tried in vain to make the twingo sound half decent but in reality it was gutless and all the drivers hated it.

Cheers
neilf

neilf:
I used to know quite a few of Taylors drivers and most were good lads although there was one who wasn’t a lad who often fell victim to runaway mouth syndrome…

I believe Mr Taylor spent some time at her majesty’s pleasure due to a some small CMR discrepancies. Basically he and a couple of his drivers failed to note down half a load of ■■■■ on a couple of occasions.

I remember the long distance diary in one of the truck mags and the journo tried in vain to make the twingo sound half decent but in reality it was gutless and all the drivers hated it.

Cheers
neilf

There was indeed an issue with HM Customs. However, I recall that the case never actually actually got to court, but it was too late by then for the business, which had folded. There were always LOTS of local rumours about the activities of Stuart Taylor International. The yard at Mellor Brook on the A59 is now occupied by Clarendon Haulage, who moved there from Ribchester.

240 Gardner:

neilf:

Cheers
neilf

There was indeed an issue with HM Customs. However, I recall that the case never actually actually got to court, but it was too late by then for the business, which had folded. There were always LOTS of local rumours about the activities of Stuart Taylor International. The yard at Mellor Brook on the A59 is now occupied by Clarendon Haulage, who moved there from Ribchester.

Now, thats what I call a TWO dropper, half a trailer of ■■■■, and half a trailer of tomatoes, on the back end, just to make the whole fridge thing look authentic.

I think the helicopter gave away the game, otherwise, he may of got away with it, it had been going on long enough.

I never found a pack house in Spain that did “FRIGO ■■■■”, but he did.

Almeria way, me thinks !!!

Muchos, muchos gracias Stuart, el frigo ■■■ amigo !!!

West Hallam Ram:

240 Gardner:

neilf:

Cheers
neilf

Now, thats what I call a TWO dropper, half a trailer of ■■■■, and half a trailer of tomatoes, on the back end, just to make the whole fridge thing look authentic.

I think the helicopter gave away the game, otherwise, he may of got away with it, it had been going on long enough.

I never found a pack house in Spain that did “FRIGO ■■■■”, but he did.

Almeria way, me thinks !!!

Muchos, muchos gracias Stuart, el frigo ■■■ amigo !!!

Ah yes: the helicopter! I’d forgotten about that! And yes, you’re right, it never did look good…

there is a 5 or 6 drivers who worked for stuart taylor work wi me at parkys and the lad out the office now works in our office

I remember being told that Ian Parkinson started up from the demise of Stuart Taylor taking over some of the work.

I don’t know if that were true but I remember he had a couple of Taylor’s FHs when he first started. Still in Taylor’s distinctive colour but the name changed.

Cheers
Neilf

Hooklift08:
Yeh I did a lot of ship stores typical run was down to Barcelona tip ship Friday across to zona frank a load up fruit n veg for genoa Italy park at vent till Monday then go tip Tuesday at ship again then maybee reload down at grosseta back for uk then turn at cherbourg for Seville or cordoba and reload at Formosa factory near alicanti for Argos at Birmingham happy days hated Germany though but that’s another story!

you never were any good