Aston Clinton Haulage

Does anyone remember John Robson, Chas Mullis,Dave Mortimer,Brian Soames, Pete Chaudley,Ray Thorn,and a few more from the 70s
I drove a E R F when i first started i did stop a few years
Be glad to hear how every one is doing m p

The only good thing about Facebook is the amount of truck stuff on there.
I have created an ACH page for all to add to and enjoy, so if your on FB please have a look;

Coffeeholic:
Aston Clinton Haulage, used to be known by the none too flattering name of Aids, Crabs & Herpes for some reason. :wink: :smiley:

WHEN I WORKED FOR SWAINS OF STRETTON IN THE 70-80 WE ALWAYS CALLED THEM ANDY CAP HAULAGE tgjones00

Someone as asked if anybody remembers John Robson Ray Thorne Chass Mullis ect well I worked with all these guys at A C H my name is Peter Chamberlain ex A C H and Patrick International Kettering.

I used to play golf with a guy who drove for ACH, Paul was his name, quite short, wore glasses, didn’t know his surname. This would have been very late 90s/early 00,s (maybe a few years earlier, having trouble working out dates!!) and remembering him telling me that his new motor was a DAF CF with the skycab…would this have been around the time ND took over?

Edited to add…a flashback brings to me the surname of Snape, but obviously may not be the correct Paul!

Good to see this thread resurfacing but there must be some more pictures out there or did all the drivers have to so fast they never had time to stop and take a picture?

Are there any ACH drivers from the 70’s posting here ?, who may remember why they pulled a unit up to face mine at the bakehouse & remember why. :wink:

VXR1:

Aylesbury carnival around 1986/87 driver Mr ACH himself Dave Mortimer. :smiley:

As it was - above.

How it looked when i’d bought it from Dawson Commercials in Leighton Buzzard - below.

Mr 141:
I dont suppose any one knows where there is an old ACH trailer sitting?? It’d be cool to find one to put behnd my 141.

Hi,
I just found this thread. There was a ACH trailer parked (abandoned) in a yard in Fontenay le Comte (in the Vendee).France. I used to live nearby and just happened to notice it while driving by. It looked to be a tilt,but may be a curtainsider. The yard belongs to a company that build truck trailers (poss’ why it is there ?) and is located in the industriel area. Sorry that I can’t remember the company’s name or any thing else. I did sometimes see UK trucks there,collecting new trailers,so maybe some one knows the company/location ?

Redline:

Mr 141:
I dont suppose any one knows where there is an old ACH trailer sitting?? It’d be cool to find one to put behnd my 141.

Hi,
I just found this thread. There was a ACH trailer parked (abandoned) in a yard in Fontenay le Comte (in the Vendee).France. I used to live nearby and just happened to notice it while driving by. It looked to be a tilt,but may be a curtainsider. The yard belongs to a company that build truck trailers (poss’ why it is there ?) and is located in the industriel area. Sorry that I can’t remember the company’s name or any thing else. I did sometimes see UK trucks there,collecting new trailers,so maybe some one knows the company/location ? [/q howdo chaps> dont know if it will be any help, but when i was running about on european, i used to see what seemed to be every 2nd or 3rd french trailer with the full width rear rain/sprayflap bearing the trailer builders name and town,one of the more memorable ones was SAMRO carrosserie sa , Fontenay-le-Comte…atvb dave m

Maybe this is the address you need ?

They are still there building trailers - maybe the ACH trailer is still there ?

Samro’s telephone switchboard
02 51 53 12 13

corporate headquarters:

10, allèe du Pont NOGET
ZI de JERICHO
BP 175
85203 FONTENAY LE COMTE C

Remember ACH well used to run with some of the Drivers to Italy in the 80’s ■■■■ Matthew (R J Matthew Transport Sittingbourne Kent)

HI all you lads that are ex ACH, this is a bit off a long shot but I am going to try.Does the reg G798 TBW ring any bells, it is a F12 globetrotter 6x2 rear lift supplied new to ACH in 1990 . I am running this old girl moving timber and our own machinery in sussex also restoring it. I would like to hear from any off you who have any info on the working life of this f12. regards Richard.

Anyone remember this company.They had a yard on the Stoke Manderville side of Aylesbury.Did european work.

Certainly. They were cream coloured weren’t they with black signwriting? Had a lot of Volvos?

David

They sold out to Norbert Dressingtable. The bosses cut a deal with Norbert whereas the son of Aston would still run the UK outfit & keep his job. They got an excellent price for the business & still made a good living. A couple of years down the line Norbert had a nasty surprise. Their lawyers had failed to check the bill of sale. The Aston family had sold the trucks & business but not the land or the premises. Since the depot stood in a prime position on land close to Aylesbury town centre it was worth at least ( Well,work it out for yourself ) That was a few years ago. I`m sure it worked out everyones advantage… I mean Norbet got to run UK reg, trucks in their team colours & the A/C family kept a roof over their heads…:laughing:

The good Mons. Dressingtable also brought another good firm called AJG from that same area who ran a twice weekly trunk to Barcelona and did lots of work for us.

The Dressingtable organisation still do the work at rates that seem to get lower each year to the extent that I just shake my grey old head and wonder why anyone would bother - though since I’m on the customer side of the fence now I ain’t complaining!

Question: Is there a real, breathing person called Norbert Dentressangle or is it just a figment of the publicity company’s imagination?

If he exists then a bit like the boy called Sue he’d have to make a go of something!

yes Norbert dentressangle is a person he and his mother run the company from a depot south of lyon

I’m sure you’re right, malcolmj, but I see from their website that they currently run 4,500 tractors and 5,700 trailers all of which is going to keep his old mum pretty busy I reckon. Surely it’s time he got her some help, no?