Hercock simpson/continental

bay634t:

hanson:

bay634t:

gunnerheskey:
Remember Stokes very well, wasn’t that something to do with the simpson side of the business. Didn’t they run a few Sedaks as well. But no, didn’t know ■■■■.
A friend used to work for stokes on a Bedford TK Simon Leedham. A bloke round the corner from me bought an ex Hercocks F10, repainted it blue with Cole Robinson on the side, was that anything to do with Sid Robbo…

my dad bought the ex hercock f10 off cole robinson painted it blue leemick transport reg bay634t used to park up scudamore road

so you are on about micky cole and cant rememeber robinsons first name its not cid is it

anyone remember martin pauley stokes transport old atki then brani volvo g plate the went to billows

does anyone have any info on a ex hercocks motor f10 bay634t

gunnerheskey:
On a sad note, Joe Streather passed away earlier this week, he was ex Hercocks, retired last year from Artisan Press.
Died from a brain tumour, R.I.P Joe. Knew him quite well from my time on Artisan.

gunner not been on or a while sad news on joe is his lad still on artisan,all the best for the new year

Aunt Peg:

hanson:

gunnerheskey:
Come to think of it hanson, i remember seeing the FB88 wrecker ! Do you remember Hercocks Mandators before the volvo’s.

he first had one of them with a drag on when he started there think they used to do a lot for metal box when metal box was at loughboro road,i also remember when my dad first started there some of the f88 was white i remember being told at the time that they had done saudi,wether that was tru or not i dont know.
just a passing thought do you remember a firm at queniboro they only had two or three trucks think they was called wilkinson/wilko im pretty sure they did saudi,

I worked in the office at Hercocks Leicester in the early 80’s and my hubby Geoff worked at Hercocks in the garage for over 20 years. Geoff knew your dad really well and used to visit him on occasions. We thought you may like to see this photo.

i love the pic god i used to get to go in that with geoff the odd time when i was a grease monkey there he hated any one else getting in it he loved the truck

Hi BAY 634T My dad used to drive this truck for Hercocks, late 70s used to go with him to Italy France and Germany i have a photo of the truck taken in Italy with my mum standing in front, will post pics of a couple of F10s my dad drove along with Bosworth haulage and the middle east truck company from queniborough WILKS They used to run M.A.N 232s but used ERFs and FODENs for internal work in Jeddah Saudi Arabia anyway when i can work out how to post the pics i see what you think !!! cheers Glynn50
p.s my dads name was Trev Jones. sadly no longer with us.

hanson:

gunnerheskey:
On a sad note, Joe Streather passed away earlier this week, he was ex Hercocks, retired last year from Artisan Press.
Died from a brain tumour, R.I.P Joe. Knew him quite well from my time on Artisan.

gunner not been on or a while sad news on joe is his lad still on artisan,all the best for the new year

Happy new year to you and all Hanson.
Joe’s lad was still on Artisan, last time i spoke to one of there drivers !

Hi Bay 634 T
AS PROMISSED A FEW PICS !!! HOPE IT WORKS 1ST TIME I HAVE DONE THIS.
cheers Glynn50

sorry about the size of the photos this was the way they scanned, will try and do better next time :blush:

i remember that volvo,bay 634t i think i remember trev did he wear a cap sometimes sorry to hear he has gone my dad was there aswell he has passed on now must be all up there together somewhere :slight_smile:

yes Hanson he did wear a truckers cap i think he used to sleep in it, i guess your right they are up there having a chinwag, do you remember these guys
Don Robbinson (dobbo?) Squeeky bill, Roger King ,■■■■ Austen,Bill Spencer ( last saw him in Glenfield hospital 2003) When Hercocks were still going used to meet up with some of the guys on a saturday night at the ■■■■ Inn in Arnesby Leics. some great nights were had.
cheers Glynn

HI DOES ANYONE REMEMBER THE F88 AND BOX VAN PAINTED SILVER WITH BLUE? SIGN WRITING, REMEMBER SEEING IT AT THE QUEENS JUBILEE AND OUT ON THE ROAD.HAS ANYONE GOT ANY PHOTOS■■? Glynn.

glynn50:
yes Hanson he did wear a truckers cap i think he used to sleep in it, i guess your right they are up there having a chinwag, do you remember these guys
Don Robbinson (dobbo?) Squeeky bill, Roger King ,■■■■ Austen,Bill Spencer ( last saw him in Glenfield hospital 2003) When Hercocks were still going used to meet up with some of the guys on a saturday night at the ■■■■ Inn in Arnesby Leics. some great nights were had.
cheers Glynn

i rememeber all of them roger king was my dad all great lads

glynn50:
HI DOES ANYONE REMEMBER THE F88 AND BOX VAN PAINTED SILVER WITH BLUE? SIGN WRITING, REMEMBER SEEING IT AT THE QUEENS JUBILEE AND OUT ON THE ROAD.HAS ANYONE GOT ANY PHOTOS■■? Glynn.

yes i remember it they also had a new f88 unit painted in silver it was to celebrate the queens jubliee i think doug astle drove it ■■?

Superb pics glynn50, more unearthed gems, love em :grimacing:

Whilst rooting through my grandads shed for something or other, i came across this old matchbox, my grandads the reason i’m a lorry driver as he’s an ex driver, and never throws anything away. Got some more of other places and firms but thats for another thread.

glynn50:
sorry about the size of the photos this was the way they scanned, will try and do better next time :blush:

well chuufed thanks a lot pal

hanson:
i remember that scania,bay 634t i think i remember trev did he wear a cap sometimes sorry to hear he has gone my dad was there aswell he has passed on now must be all up there together somewhere :slight_smile:

what scania mate

glynn50:
0123Hi Bay 634 T
AS PROMISSED A FEW PICS !!! HOPE IT WORKS 1ST TIME I HAVE DONE THIS.was ya dad from brum mate thanks 4 pic

cheers Glynn50

bay634t:

bay634t:

hanson:

bay634t:

gunnerheskey:
Remember Stokes very well, wasn’t that something to do with the simpson side of the business. Didn’t they run a few Sedaks as well. But no, didn’t know ■■■■.
A friend used to work for stokes on a Bedford TK Simon Leedham. A bloke round the corner from me bought an ex Hercocks F10, repainted it blue with Cole Robinson on the side, was that anything to do with Sid Robbo…

my dad bought the ex hercock f10 off cole robinson painted it blue leemick transport reg bay634t used to park up scudamore road

so you are on about micky cole and cant rememeber robinsons first name its not cid is it

anyone remember martin pauley stokes transport old atki then brani volvo g plate the went to billows

does anyone have any info on a ex hercocks motor f10 bay634t

my dad retired the f10 bay634t in 90 91 and bought a 6 legger off rich andrews cream in colour does anyone remember that all i remember of the reg is tfn cheers guys

bay634t:

glynn50:
0123Hi Bay 634 T
AS PROMISSED A FEW PICS !!! HOPE IT WORKS 1ST TIME I HAVE DONE THIS.was ya dad from brum mate thanks 4 pic

cheers Glynn50

Sorry i have not replied but no dad was born “n” bred leicester. i have found another photo of a H&S F10 will scan when i have some spare time, cheers Glynn

Found this whilst trawling through the shoe-box.
The photo was taken sometime in the late 70’s at the East of England Show in Peterborough,
and would have been on the Volvo dealers (Billows) stand.