Bewick's wren

Useless fact dept. I just found out that there is a wee bird called Bewick’s wren. Named after a certain Thomas Bewick.

Dipster:
Useless fact dept. I just found out that there is a wee bird called Bewick’s wren. Named after a certain Thomas Bewick.

Well “Dipster” that is a surprise as I only thought that it was the smallest species of Swan that was called after my ancestor the well known engraver Thomas Bewick. However my Great grandfather was also called Thomas Bewick and he was a Carrier.
You learn summat every day !
Cheers Bewick.

There’s both Gents, so you are both correct (on this occasion) !

The Bewick’s Wren habit is U.S mainly and the Bewick Swan is a subspecies of the Tundra Swan

“The Bewick’s Swan is named after Thomas Bewick, who specialized in illustrations of birds and animals. He was considered to be one of the best English practitioners of wood engraving; his most famous book being The History of British Birds (1797).”

Bewick:

Dipster:

Well “Dipster” that is a surprise as I only thought that it was the smallest species of Swan that was called after my ancestor the well known engraver Thomas Bewick. However my Great grandfather was also called Thomas Bewick and he was a Carrier.
You learn summat every day !
Cheers Bewick.

Not a carrier pigeon, Dennis? :wink: