BRS, old pictures

What was so good about the “Good” old days?

youtu.be/BU3IXSrF4Rk

Dirt yards, slow trucks and no air conditioning. :cry:

Star down under.:

youtu.be/BU3IXSrF4Rk

No tachos, no mobile phones, no trackers, nowhere near as much traffic, time to breathe, employers usually happy with a days work, comradery was much better imo.

This was in one of this months vintage magazines an old BRS Overland Marathon

Star down under.:

youtu.be/BU3IXSrF4Rk

As a kid back in the 60’s I don’t think I even knew of the existence of air con so, funnily enough, I didn’t miss it…

Kempston:

Star down under.:

youtu.be/BU3IXSrF4Rk

No tachos, no mobile phones, no trackers, nowhere near as much traffic, time to breathe, employers usually happy with a days work, comradery was much better imo.

Drivers those days were a different breed , most would have been in the armed forces in wartime and valued their jobs and were disciplined. stopping to help a fellow driver was the norm no matter whose name was on the trucks door ,besides that they over nighted together in proper digs instead of camping outand never lived all week in isolation in a cab and so had a friendly nature and respect for each other, and there was not the obvious envy of others regarding driving a new v8 or how shiny it was etc, it was a different world those days alright but drivers have let it drift to what it is today . --toshboy

NMP but I used to drive for Toft Bros and Tomlinson, there logo is still on the front of the cab.
Steve