Vintage Tachograph

Just stumbled across this on ebay and thought I’d post it here in case it is of any use to a truck restorer.

s-l1600.jpg

Click:

ebay.co.uk/itm/Veeder-Root- … SwgvdgKkLT

Ok for a 7.5 tonner as it’s 12 V :wink: the Lucas ones are better where the mileage opens in the door :laughing:

Brought it, hopefully this will do for a clock in my garage at home.

Thanks Dave.

Veeder Root were the best

Take out the pin at 1aclock on the rim and you could remove the glass and wind the numbers back. Best to use plastic tools so as not to scrape the numbers.

At least, so a friend told me :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Vintage. :open_mouth: Now I know I’m getting old.
Don’t forget it will need the correct Veeder Root charts and how to set the clock.Lose the key then you can’t attach the card or set the clock.Fiddly bleedin things.Keinzle was much better. :wink:

image.jpgI’ll go along with that CF, I also found the Lucas Keinzle system far simpler to use. None of that fiddling about in the dark with stupid spring loaded retainers. Although the pear shaped centered charts did occasionally get chewed up if they snagged.

Now as much as I hate to muscle in on Harry Monk’s thread, but since we’re talking tachos, did anyone else apart from myself ever acquire one of these gadgets for checking driving time, break time etc?

Sweet baby Jesus! Talk about the junk we used to have to lug around. And this is just a miniscule selection from the mountain of obsolete driver related garbage that I haven’t yet got around to chucking out. And I haven’t even seen the inside of a wagon cab for nigh on ten years.

Eddie Heaton:
0I’ll go along with that CF, I also found the Lucas Keinzle system far simpler to use. None of that fiddling about in the dark with stupid spring loaded retainers. Although the pear shaped centered charts did occasionally get chewed up if they snagged.

Now as much as I hate to muscle in on Harry Monk’s thread, but since we’re talking tachos, did anyone else apart from myself ever acquire one of these gadgets for checking driving time, break time etc?

Sweet baby Jesus! Talk about the junk we used to have to lug around. And this is just a miniscule selection from the mountain of obsolete driver related garbage that I haven’t yet got around to chucking out. And I haven’t even seen the inside of a wagon cab for nigh on ten years.

I can remember the wallet and the envelopes in which were given our allocated chart supplies all checked out and checked back in, like it was yesterday but was over 20 years ago. :open_mouth:

Our allocation and the checking process for returns meant I had no charts left over.But I’m sure the tattered old wallet is around somewhere.
I can remember seeing one of those clock type gadgets shown there somewhere but never used one.
My break was usually taken as a block in the middle of a shift and driving time was generally a known quantity so didn’t really need any type of calculator.

I wouldn’t have a clue how to use a modern digi tacho by all accounts they have no real facility for making accurate manual entries like we had on the backs of the charts.That’s supposedly progress.

My memory has faded, did Veeder Root use the pear shaped card or the round hole with the smaller locating holes either side ?

The latter GS. if you were constantly changing motors, you were obliged to carry both.

We had the Magic type tachos , better than VR , they disappeared into thin air on their own :astonished:

Eddie Heaton:
The latter GS. if you were constantly changing motors, you were obliged to carry both.

Cheers forthe clarification Ed. It was a long time ago.
GS :smiley:

GS OVERLAND:

Eddie Heaton:

Cheers forthe clarification Ed. It was a long time ago.
GS :smiley:

Did you see the ex BRS Overland Marathon pic i posted on the Old BRS thread ?