Dennis trucks

Saw this on a feed:
dennis-eagle.co.uk/en/produ … sv-tipper/

Is the company related to the Dennis of yesteryear?

I made a serious enquiry with them in 2019 but the Volvo engine was only a 300/320 which was the biggest on offer and with a 6 speed box.
I honestly think they are loosing out on sales ,it needn’t be big power but a 12 litre 400 & 8 speed box would do for me .

Punchy Dan:
I made a serious enquiry with them in 2019 but the Volvo engine was only a 300/320 which was the biggest on offer and with a 6 speed box.
I honestly think they are loosing out on sales ,it needn’t be big power but a 12 litre 400 & 8 speed box would do for me .

Probably trying to dissuade anyone from using it for out of town work.It doesn’t need to go much faster than 30 mph so who needs 300 let alone 400.
They obviously don’t want anyone running into the back of an artic at motorway type speeds with that cab design.

Is the company related to the Dennis of yesteryear?

It is, but its about all that remains of the different offshoots of Dennis that stopped producing vehicles for the truck market around1983, the Dennis Delta being their final model back then. They carried on with Bus, Municipal and Fire Appliance models but even these came to an end by the start of the millennium. A Great Grandson of one of the original Dennis Brothers was still building Fire Appliance Bodies after that under the John Dennis name but I believe even that has ended now. Just how much the company producing this tipper has to do with any of the older businesses is uncertain there may be a tender link, I know as far as the Fire Appliance side the company had changed hands a few times, Dennis Eagle is likely similar. Franky.

I hope that’s got powerful demisting on those passenger side doors and they can’t be pushed open by lycra louts.

2019 Belfast.
Oily

Punchy Dan:

To be honest I think they are more interested in selling the actual dustcart part of the vehicle rather than the running gear. My local council has some of these on hire but they are on a Mercedes chassis. When the Spanish company took them over they switched their running gear from Spicer/■■■■■■■ to Volvo.

The Mercedes chassis dustcart just happened to be round my way today so I thought I’d take the opportunity to post some pics for posterity