Dennis R Pass

I maybe a bit vague here but I seem to recall a firm of Hauliers by the name of Dennis R Pass ■■ and were they a Liverpool outfit ? I haven’t seen any mention of them on TNUK. Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:
I maybe a bit vague here but I seem to recall a firm of Hauliers by the name of Dennis R Pass ■■ and were they a Liverpool outfit ? I haven’t seen any mention of them on TNUK. Cheers Bewick.

No response so far so it looks like I’m ■■■■■■■ into the wind, must be getting too old for the TN site ! :frowning: :blush:

Get some lessons from Carryfast he knows how to fill up the pages. :wink: Les.

I can recall a happier from the Nottingham area who’s name was definatlly Pass I think it could have been Chesterfield .

I can recall a haulier from the Nottingham area who’s name was definatlly Pass I think it could have been Chesterfield .

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=76873
Simon Pass had a lorry until a few yrs ago .

Yes,there was a haulier from Chesterfield called J Pass,their yard was on the A619 road out towards Staveley.

Chris Webb:
Yes,there was a haulier from Chesterfield called J Pass,their yard was on the A619 road out towards Staveley.

Passes from Chesterfield ran some Mercs with short tandems , did a lot of artificial stone out of Wimpeys Darlton quarry at Stoney Middleton .

rigsby:

Chris Webb:

Passes from Chesterfield ran some Mercs with short tandems , did a lot of artificial stone out of Wimpeys Darlton quarry at Stoney Middleton .

Unfortunate name if they ran Mercs , you dont usually pass anything uphill in one of those

If my memory serves me right the motors I recall were nicely finished in green and brown paint work and I think gold leaf lettering. :confused: Cheers Dennis.

Dennis.
There is a mention of a Dennis R Pass from Banks in West Lancs on the Beresford transport thread, colour of fleet was based on the old railway colours apparently of Green as you mentioned. I think Chris ‘240 Gardner’ may know more.

Bewick:

ee up BEWICK
iseem to remember a PASS from around the southport area. if i can remember rightly he at one time ran some seddon units that had been 8 wheelers
but had been cut down into chinese 6 units. cheers ec11

Thanks for the help Lads so I wasn’t that far away Liverpool>>>>> Southport but I was confident it was down that way ! All we need now is a photograph or two ! Cheers Dennis. :smiley:

Chris Webb:

Business Card.jpg

I think these are from Dans link.

There is a TN member called KPass who is Johns son

Bewick:

Bewick:

No response so far so it looks like I’m ■■■■■■■ into the wind, must be getting too old for the TN site ! :frowning: :blush:

Some of us don’t have as much leisure time as you, Dennis :wink:

Dennis R Pass operated from Banks in West Lancashire - in my humble opinion, they had the best ever livery on the Atkinson cab. I’m told that the colours were based on those of the South East & Chatham Railway.

I can’t just find a photo on t’interweb but there must be some, as I’ve previously downloaded a couple; perhaps it was Facebook

240 Gardner:

Bewick:

Bewick:

Dennis R Pass operated from Banks in West Lancashire - in my humble opinion, they had the best ever livery on the Atkinson cab. I’m told that the colours were based on those of the South East & Chatham Railway.

I can’t just find a photo on t’interweb but there must be some, as I’ve previously downloaded a couple; perhaps it was Facebook

Hiya Chris,
Hope you and yours are keeping clear of The Lurgy ! Oh! and many thanks for your perceptive appraisal of my current limitless leisure time ! I resemble that conclusion ! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: However back to more important matters and would my memory be correct in thinking that the Brown on Dennis Pass’s cabs was done with like a “grain” effect ? Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

240 Gardner:

Bewick:

Bewick:

Hiya Chris,
Hope you and yours are keeping clear of The Lurgy ! Oh! and many thanks for your perceptive appraisal of my current limitless leisure time ! I resemble that conclusion ! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: However back to more important matters and would my memory be correct in thinking that the Brown on Dennis Pass’s cabs was done with like a “grain” effect ? Cheers Dennis.

hello Dennis, still unspeakably busy, thank you. I’m sure you meant “resent”, really :laughing:

No, they weren’t woodgrain-effect - there were a couple of Cheshire ERF operators who went in for that, though. Didn’t decorators call it “scumbling”?

The brown on the Pass motors was quite pale, more like a biscuit sort of colour

Bewick:

Spot on Dennis. :wink:

Click on twice.

clip pass erf1.PNG

clip pass erf.PNG

Thanks for “producing the goods” Dean I suppose we can now bring this thread to a suitable close ! Don’t really know why I came up with the name ! maybe it was the spelling was the same as mine ! :blush: :unamused: :wink: Another problem solved so —now then what next ? Cheers Dennis.