A bit of bedtime viewing

Type into Youtube…‘Overloaded Chinese Trucks’ :open_mouth:

Spectacular stupidity…even if they are paid on tonnage.

They don’t seem to have grasped the concept of the need for trailers in many cases.

Indians and pakistanis are the same , feathers or scrap iron filled to overflowing . Pakistani truck repairs is hilarious , but they do some unbelievable things that actually work . Like our fitters of yesteryear , hammer, crowbar and gasaxe cure everything .

grumpy old man:
Type into Youtube…‘Overloaded Chinese Trucks’ :open_mouth:

Spectacular stupidity…even if they are paid on tonnage.

Hi GOM, Help me out here if you dont mind, What does overloading mean, :question: :question: :question:, In my younger days the gaffers said just load as much as you can I drove an ex BRS Thornycroft 8 wheeler, 18 to 20 ton was the norm in the 50s, Mind you the good old Thornys had 8 wheel brakes IIRC They were the Westinghouse full air on all four axles , The one I drove had a 9 .6. Thorny engine , When it was first bought from the BRS, It had a Severn Severn AEC in A very bit under powered IMO, , But is was a great old motor to drive, It was replaced with a 8 wheeler Atki in ,1961. 645 NVK. It had the good old GARDNER, 150 engine with a David Brown 5 speed overdrive gearbox, Not the best combination IMO, But it did make a few bob for old Jonny Baxter of Baxters Road Services Ltd On The Quayside on the river Tyne, The good old long days, Regards Larry.

Last time I went to Malta there were still a few old Thornycrofts knocking about.

Thanks GOM, that should give everyone nightmares. :laughing:

Gidders:
Last time I went to Malta there were still a few old Thornycrofts knocking about.

I believe that since Malta joined the EU most of the older vehicles they operated are now outlawed?

Pete.

One of those videos (I don’t know which one) shows an 8 wheel tipper rusty side up…the prop shaft is sheared at the slider. I’m guessing but before the little Chinese chappie had turned it wrong way up it looks as though it was trying to get off an opencast site with about 100 ton of coal on it (give or take a couple of cwts. :wink: )

grumpy old man:
One of those videos (I don’t know which one) shows an 8 wheel tipper rusty side up…the prop shaft is sheared at the slider. I’m guessing but before the little Chinese chappie had turned it wrong way up it looks as though it was trying to get off an opencast site with about 100 ton of coal on it (give or take a couple of cwts. :wink: )

Have you spotted the 40ft trailer with a huge steel coil in the middle , bent in half . The videos on utube are endless , I don’t think any Asian country has heard of any regulation and when you see them scrapping ships it makes you glad to live where we do .