Newbie.

Hi.
Thanks for allowing me join the forum. Whilst I’m not actually a trucker myself, I’m from a trucker family.
And that’s where my interest is.
I loved going out in my dad’s wagon with him when I was s kid. Such fun. Also, I had family with their own livestock transporting company. As I’m researching my family tree, I’d dearly love to find some history, photos even on that. All these people are passed on now sadly.
I hope I can find some history.
Thanks
Bye for now.

Dadsgirl:
Hi.
Thanks for allowing me join the forum. Whilst I’m not actually a trucker myself, I’m from a trucker family.
I loved going out in my dad’s wagon with him when I was s kid. Such fun. Also, I had family with their own livestock transporting company. As I’m researching my family tree, I’d dearly love to find some history, photos even on that. All these people are passed on now sadly.
Thanks
Bye for now.

Welcome aboard! If you’d like to mention the name of the company and some of the people who ran it and worked for it, I’m sure there’ll be contributors on here who will remember them and be able to come up with information and pictures for you. Good luck! Ro

Dadsgirl It would help your research if you told us the name of the company or the family name, this forum has a tremendous amount of followers with a vast knowledge of the haulage industry, this I feel sure would help you in your endeavours to find out more of the history you quest and by the way welcome to TNUK, Buzzer.

PS Robert you beat me to it :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Dadsgirl:
Hi.
Thanks
Bye for now.

Company name might be of help. There is the old time forum on here. Might be worth a look on there.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hi all. Thanks for the replies. I didn’t post too much incase you didn’t want a non trucker in :smiley:
Dad was on the road all his working life after ww2.
He drove for Cawoods long before I was born. I only know because I have a photo of him by some tankers, presumably one was his.
When I was a child, 60s and 70s he drove for Beacon Transport, Liverpool. I have a few photos of their wagons. I used to go out on the deliveries with him in this. Fun days, transport cafes with chipped mugs, bacon and egg fried in proper fat not oil, in the days before tachograph!
His last year’s of driving were for Tolemans carrying cars. He survived a terrible accident one year with these, hit black ice. Miracle he walked away.
Anyway, sorry for rambling, what I’m trying to do along with my siblings is put our family tree together along with some history. Dad was a Welshman, from red wharf bay and though he left the isle most of his his family remained. Sadly lots of contact was lost over the years. So it’s here we need to fill in gaps.
My brother remembers more than me as he’s 11 years older. My dad’s uncle had his own livestock transportation company. His big the company was I have no idea. Probably just a few trucks. His name was Roberts. My brother can’t remember the name on the wagons. He thinks our uncles son’s name might have been there too, or maybe as ‘and son’
Information would be great, a photo a miracle but one lives in hope.
I was googling about looking anything and that’s how I found the forum as there was a N. Wales thread somewhere.
Hope I haven’t bored you. :laughing:

0Would this be one of the cattle wagons, same area. Les.

That may very well be! Thank you for looking for me. I’ll show my brother and when he gets back to me I will let you know. I’m so hoping it is. Amazing if so.
Cheers! :slight_smile:

EDIT:

Right so by brother got back to me. He said going by the registration this wagon is just before our relative sadly passed away as a youngish man. His name was Emlyn H Roberts. So his wagons will have had E in the name if initials were used. He may well have used his full name. However, my bro thinks going by the name on this wagon, it may well be another relative who he thinks may have either taken over the business or was already in partnership with Emlyn.
Thanks ever so much for your help and I’ll go look about google myself whilst I’ve got 10 minutes to spare!

daftvader:

Dadsgirl:
Hi.
Thanks
Bye for now.

Company name might be of help. There is the old time forum on here. Might be worth a look on there.

This IS the Old Time forum - you’re on it! :laughing:

ERF-NGC-European:

daftvader:

Dadsgirl:
Hi.
Thanks
Bye for now.

This IS the Old Time forum - your on it! :laughing:

I hope I’m not posting in the wrong place! I used to be on forums all the time pre facebook but have lost how to navigate them! I’m surprised I posted a photo earlier on. Facebook took over, everything just uploaded form your phone! I actually hate facebook. :astonished:

Dadsgirl:

ERF-NGC-European:

daftvader:

Dadsgirl:
Hi.
Thanks
Bye for now.

This IS the Old Time forum - your on it! :laughing:

I hope I’m not posting in the wrong place! I used to be on forums all the time pre facebook but have lost how to navigate them! I’m surprised I posted a photo earlier on. Facebook took over, everything just uploaded form your phone! I actually hate facebook. :astonished:

You are in exactly the right place!

Quite a few of us on here won’t have anything to do with FB either :wink: