This made me smile.

Greetings,All.Hope you are all well.This attachment was sent to me the other day
and it made me smile. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Regards,900x20.

.DHL.PNG

I wonder if that’s what William Stobart’s driver said in Stockton today ?

This is the proper way to enjoy a real Smile, :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Regards Larry.

C01215 (2).jpg

I don’t recall ever having driven for Smiles for Miles, although the sheeting on this load would appear to suggest otherwise, as it bears an uncanny resemblance to one of my better efforts. :smiley:

That sheeting would be when Arthur sent you on to Liverpool docks to load a flat bed when you were used to a 40’ box was it Eddie?

I have a question for Lawrence. I see the reg on the Atki is YTY. I had a Morris 6 wheeler, which I seem to remember was 1962. - a few years younger than the Smiles wagon. I’m sure it was UTY ***, not ***UTY. Did they reissue earlier regs in Newcastle?

John.

Well it made me smile, Buzzer

John West:
That sheeting would be when Arthur sent you on to Liverpool docks to load a flat bed when you were used to a 40’ box was it Eddie?

I have a question for Lawrence. I see the reg on the Atki is YTY. I had a Morris 6 wheeler, which I seem to remember was 1962. - a few years younger than the Smiles wagon. I’m sure it was UTY ***, not ***UTY. Did they reissue earlier regs in Newcastle?

John.

According to my trade “bible” UTY was issued July - September 1961, YTY July 1963 on. The “A” suffix 7 digit numbers started in 1963 but some authorities seemed to use up their 6 digits first and if your face fitted some would let you request a particular number or series so some oddities around that time.
Bernard

Buzzer:

Original photogwaph by Cwis Packham?

Buzzer:

Nuthatches.
Oily

oiltreader:

Buzzer:

Nuthatches.
Oily

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

John West:

John.

Hi John, This Atki was new in 1963, Its a Northumberland Reg, Its stable mate was ANL 514 B,Identical motor, Sadley it got stolen from Smithys Cafe at Derbyshire & later found cut up, It was only a few months old, After this happened Smiles started to get Artics, They got 3 Dodges with 4 in line trailers, ATY 725/726/727 B., Then a bit later on they phased all the 8 legger rigids out and replaced them with variouse makes of artics, They still ran the tipper side with 8 leggers plus a few 6s too, Sadley they packed in 1975/6, Fred Smiles opened a clearence house on Newcastle Quayside after this

These were Smiles for Miles tippers, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
0These were Smiles for Miles tippers, Regards Larry.

Now that is a fine shot Larry, one of the best on the TN site in my book ! Were they single or double drive axles ? Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

Lawrence Dunbar:
0These were Smiles for Miles tippers, Regards Larry.

Now that is a fine shot Larry, one of the best on the TN site in my book ! Were they single or double drive axles ? Cheers Dennis.

Hi Dennis, They were double drive, The 5 flats were just single drive But I never had any problems with the one I drove, Of course we were allways overloaded with fire bricks when running down to Britton Ferry etc, Stay safe my friend , Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Now that looks like “fire water” Larry what they used to sell to the Apaches send you blind eh! Cheers Dennis

Bewick:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Now that looks like “fire water” Larry what they used to sell to the Apaches send you blind eh! Cheers Dennis

Its still unopened Dennis, I may use it as a paint stripper :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , My Grandson brought it back from Tailand some years ago, But I will will just stick to my normal single malts, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Bewick:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Its still unopened Dennis, I may use it as a paint stripper :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , My Grandson brought it back from Tailand some years ago, But I will will just stick to my normal single malts, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Regards Larry.

How about you “crack” that dodgy bottle open at the next NE Drivers get together Larry ? I reckon it would last all afternoon and you would still have half a bottle left at the finish ! :wink: Cheers Dennis.

At what moment in time does your highly experienced driver and most valuable human ‘resource’ become an ars-hole.