Great Dorset steam fair cancelled

GDSF has been cancelled

Coronavirus: Great Dorset Steam Fair cancels 2020 event bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-52453524

Sent while in furlough

blue estate:
GDSF has been cancelled

Coronavirus: Great Dorset Steam Fair cancels 2020 event bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-52453524

Sent while in furlough

It’s taken them long enough to finally make that decision, almost every other steam and vintage event up to September and even beyond that cancelled ages ago. :unamused: Luckily we got a few private events in prior to lockdown, but all our pre booked ones from march and into the summer months were scrubbed as organizers can’t guarantee getting first aid cover and without that they can’t get insured. We cancelled our club’s spring event last weekend as there was very little chance of folk distancing. This year is written off really.

Pete.

windrush:

blue estate:
GDSF has been cancelled

Sent while in furlough

It’s taken them long enough to finally make that decision, almost every other steam and vintage event up to September and even beyond that cancelled ages ago. :unamused: Luckily we got a few private events in prior to lockdown, but all our pre booked ones from march and into the summer months were scrubbed as organizers can’t guarantee getting first aid cover and without that they can’t get insured. We cancelled our club’s spring event last weekend as there was very little chance of folk distancing. This year is written off really.

Pete.

Same round here Pete. I only do local shows these days as neither me or my motors are getting any younger. All cancelled. I don’t suppose car/country shows will be a priority when easing lockdown, and me being 72 even when we can go out I might have to shave off my beard and borrow my little brother’s ID to go anywhere:D :smiley: :smiley:
Bernard