Scania 111's

IMHO the Scania 111 was the finest “import” to ever have landed in the UK and I say this from having owned and operated a good number of them !
So here is an non descript shot of a brand new 111 unit circa 1979 just being delivered from the Dealer.

Heres an article on your 111’s Dennis. :wink:

Click on pages twice.

The feature on W H Malcolm is interesting. How many transport companies are still using the same livery as they did 50 odd years ago?

Great motors Russell Davies we’re big users back in the day

Brain Haulage we’re big users back in the day

Bought this 111 one day as I spotted it next to the late Pat Duffy’s yard while on my way to Unit Commercials in Salisbury for spare parts, it belonged to an owner driver Shaun Moran and I bought it off his Mrs for 2 grand as he was away driving for someone else and shipped it out several times before she got the paint job, it had a low diff and was LHD so suited our needs not fast but good up hills and on fuel, Buzzer.

Buzzer loved the sound of the 111s awsome regards rowley

141’s were even better

141b.png

141a.png

141.png

The choice is yours ! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :wink:

Bewick:
The choice is yours ! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :wink:

The one on the left looks better.

Hiya Mate heres one for your new thread eh

Mike Ponsonby:
Hiya Mate heres one for your new thread eh

A bit of Class appearing on the thread !! So how many 111’s did DJP run Mate ? Cheers Dennis.

rward:
Buzzer loved the sound of the 111s awsome regards rowley

You could tell what was coming by the sound of one without looking.
Excellent motor.

Hiya,heres a few cuttings which appeared on the Scrapbook thread over the years,totally agree with Dennis’s comments about the 111,I enjoyed driving them too,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

img979.jpg

Spot on Marcus the 111’s were class acts ! I recall that my long gone Pal George Holliday from Penrith bought 10 new 111’s just as the Series 2 R & P chassis were launched in late '81 I can’t recall whether they were W or X reg’d ( W reg if I recall) but George reckoned he got a good deal plus by this time he also said all the “bugs” would have been sorted !!! Cheers Dennis.

Some 110’s

Garsdale:
Some 110’s

SoM had 4 Scania 110’s,looked the part in their colors,shame I can’t find any photos I can download.

David