AR-GS International Photos?

Does anybody have any photos of AR-GS International Transports, Daf 3300s & 3600s?

3300.png

No photos, but there is this on youtube

m.youtube.com/watch?v=sMDpeNdS4Dg

My boss Big Vinny says to me “Your going down to AR GS, pulling a trailer for them to Rome”
I’ve already seen the Spaghetti No Junction video so I know all about them… and Italy. When I get to their depot it’s nothing like the video at all,it looks like a bombed out crater that still hasn’t been fixed since the blitz. The boss certainly isn’t wearing an Armany suit as he points to the mankyist tilt I’ve ever seen and announces that’s the one I’m taking… Did your boss sort you with running money■■?

It’s not even worth checking if the tyres are bald, I’m just glad they’er all there, Lights ( yeh right )
The boss comes out of the office and points to a Daf just about to leave… chucks me an envelop and says “that’s Pat get on after im ol mate”
I thought Pat was going to have a quick chat or something, but he just booted it across the moon scape. and shouted “See you on the stairs” as he vanished into a cloud of dust…I’m guessing Dover… is it Dover?

About 5 minutes later while revving the balluks out of the Turbo Star, and going through the paperwork and trying to get some kind of clue about the run. I’ve finally got enough air to blow the brakes of… so I’m off as well, just in time to catch a ( Wayne Kerr ) look from the boss…

Round the M 25. The tilt has blown it’s self up to about 3 meters wide, and I can just about see the drive wheels but nothing behind that… It’s heavy I’m guessing 42 tons or their about.
Road works■■? you bet… and I can see the back of Pat’s trailer about a mile in front… Pretty sure we’re going out through Dover… There was nothing inside the envelope to indicate which ferry service we were going with… in a time before mobile phones… Fantastic…

We’re out the roadworks and no sign of Pat so I kick it down to Dover and head for the steps, where I find Pat…Going Swiss he tells me… “Can’t” says I “To heavy.”. “Nauh I’ve already sorted you out with a ticket”, and hands me a weigh ticket with my reg on it, but his weight…
Then as we are waiting for the customs man he tells me the rest of the plan.
Swiss border tonight ( or some time in the early hours of the morning ) have some kip, then get going about 9 am do customs and straight to Rome…
I tell him about the lights issue.'“Don’t worry, if you keep it going about 90 ish I’ll stay behind you when it gets dark.”

And that’s what we did…Didn’t stop to do any kind of fishing !!!

Jeff…

Nice little anecdote there Jeff.

Not quite the slick operation portrayed on the video then, shock horror.