BIT / Cabmont

Baldrick1953:
Mornin All…

Recently had a few brief chats on messenger with REC aka Bob Court…
I worked with him at Cabmont in the early days and later when it morphed into British International…

Started as a greenhorn in 1976 ( was it really 43 years ago■■? ) , driving a Mandator doing France with the rubber to Amiens etc then progressed to doing Italy in a Berliet then Spain in a Daf 2800…
I left for a while but came back when it was BIT and did regular Portugal runs until the early 80’s…

Always an interesting outfit to work for , although looked down upon by many!

Lots of characters on there so I thought I would mention a few I remember … I know many are no longer with us , but hope some survivors might have some stories…

I know JD ( Lord Davies of Old Burseldon, we salute you :laughing: ) was on there briefly , any others out there??

Here’s some names not in any particular order and apologies to any left out…

ME! ( Stuart Mitchell, later known as Baldrick )
Jim Bailey, John Simpkins , Bob Court , Bob Aplin , Pete Stansbridge , Pat Scorey , Leo ( spoke fluent French was from Derbyshire I think ) Reckless Rat , Dave Pope , Sam Champ , Frank Morgan , Dave Noyce, Ray Caswell , Rob Bartlett , Roland Borgeut ( from Grasse , France ) Mike , who later went in the office

Not forgetting the workshop crew Kev , Brian, Maurice and Ted the foreman… scourge of us poor drivers, God help ye if you lost a rear lens!
And the office boys , Pete Woolstoncroft, Tinker and another Pete??

Many more faces I can remember but not names.
All the best, Balders…

I think Leo was on for GBE / Transalliance.

Where does Toby fit in here?