Sean Hannah Haulage/Newcastle Crane Hire

Hi All

I’m completely new to the forum so please forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong place.

My Dad Sean Hannah operated a very well known Haulage and Crane Hire Company here in the North East throughout the 70s 80s and 90s. Sadly he passed away last week so I thought I would post this to see if there are any ex work mates, drivers, customers, suppliers etc who knew him and might want funeral details.

I’m called Sean Hannah as well and it’s amazing how many times he gets mentioned by people when they hear my name. Our family still have some contacts in the industry so have done our best to inform people but we thought this might reach out to even more people.

And if you have any stories about him feel free to share !

Cheers Sean

Newcastle Crane Hire:
Hi All

I’m completely new to the forum so please forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong place.

My Dad Sean Hannah operated a very well known Haulage and Crane Hire Company here in the North East throughout the 70s 80s and 90s. Sadly he passed away last week so I thought I would post this to see if there are any ex work mates, drivers, customers, suppliers etc who knew him and might want funeral details.

I’m called Sean Hannah as well and it’s amazing how many times he gets mentioned by people when they hear my name. Our family still have some contacts in the industry so have done our best to inform people but we thought this might reach out to even more people.

And if you have any stories about him feel free to share !

Cheers Sean

Hi Sean, Sorry to hear your bad news, I New you Dad when he first came to Shorts from Reeds Cranes, lease let me know the funeral details, R I P Sean, Regards Larry.

Sorry to hear that, knew your Dad from Eighton Banks.

Tyneside

Thanks for the replies…

Funeral is on Tue 1 Oct at Saltwell Crematorium at 12pm followed by celebration of his life at Ye Olde Cross Pub in Ryton…

All welcome

Cheers

Well I attended Seans funeral, It was a good turn out, I met back up with Billy Hodgson who worked for Shorts the same time as I did along with Sean, Billy went on to drive for Sean when he got his first artic and was there as far as I know till he retired, The Good old days, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Well I attended Seans funeral, It was a good turn out, I met back up with Billy Hodgson who worked for Shorts the same time as I did along with Sean, Billy went on to drive for Sean when he got his first artic and was there as far as I know till he retired, The Good old days, Regards Larry.

Billy Hodgson! That’s a name from the past Larry. I occasionally had a drink with him in Jarrow Labour Club in the early seventies, at the time he worked for Shorts and then moved to Hannah’s. He was a regular at the old Red House cafe also. Of course I was just a boy then :unamused: :unamused: :wink: :wink: regards,Kev.

kevmac47:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Billy Hodgson! That’s a name from the past Larry. I occasionally had a drink with him in Jarrow Labour Club in the early seventies, at the time he worked for Shorts and then moved to Hannah’s. He was a regular at the old Red House cafe also. Of course I was just a boy then :unamused: :unamused: :wink: :wink: regards,Kev.

Aye Kev, He came to Shorts from Reyrolles, I had many a good laugh with him when In Barmston Sreet Club in Hull just along the street from Shorts Depot,He was a good lad to work with, Regards Larry