Who is attending the Llandudno show

Who from TNUK will be attending the Llandudno truck show next weekend .

Thinking about it Dennis! My wife has zero interest in anything mechanical, but I can think of a couple of lads who would like it. Is that Atkinson, with an example of your roping and sheeting going to be there?

John.

Rof is going at night with a pipe and some 5 gal drums :laughing:

Punchy Dan:

■■■■■■■ Diesel Fairies are everywhere nothing is sacred, where’s my pick shaft Anne ? :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I may go on the Sunday Dennis

I used to exhibit there (I first encountered Dan’s young lady there when she came over to chat me up! :wink: ) but haven’t been back for many years. Yesterday I followed several ERF’s and Foden’s pulling ‘fairground stuff’ on the A500/A51 between the Potteries and Chester so I’m guessing they were headed there for the town fair? I passed the ERF’s easily, but couldn’t keep up with the ‘flying’ Foden’s though. :wink:

Pete.

windrush:
I used to exhibit there (I first encountered Dan’s young lady there when she came over to chat me up! :wink: ) but haven’t been back for many years. Yesterday I followed several ERF’s and Foden’s pulling ‘fairground stuff’ on the A500/A51 between the Potteries and Chester so I’m guessing they were headed there for the town fair? I passed the ERF’s easily, but couldn’t keep up with the ‘flying’ Foden’s though. :wink:

Pete.

ERFs were hanging back to tow the dead Fodens :wink:

Punchy Dan:

windrush:

Pete.

ERFs were hanging back to tow the dead Fodens :wink:

I doubt that Dan, they were already struggling trying to pull a kiddies roundabout. :laughing: There was a nice (did I really write that? :open_mouth: ) gold coloured ERF pulling a fith wheeler caravan though, very impressive (the caravan I mean). :laughing:

Pete.

Punchy Dan:

I really don’t know where you get these ideas, Dan.

P.S. It’ll be a quid a litre for mates, meet me in the lay by!

I doubt whether Casey’s 1973 Marina van would make it as far Llandudno so he’s just talking bollox as usual :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Anon 1

Bewick:

I shan’t sadly, Dennis, but the (ex-)Bowker Borderer will be there - I went and taxed it at Moreton-in-Marsh Post Office specially!

240 Gardner:

Bewick:

I shan’t sadly, Dennis, but the (ex-)Bowker Borderer will be there - I went and taxed it at Moreton-in-Marsh Post Office specially!

Bewick:

240 Gardner:

Bewick:

Hope Mike’s splendid BTS motor will still look this good, 19 years after the restoration!

Atkinson Boderer W H Bowker Blackburn 34 ABV317M Frank Hilton. IMG_3501_ by frank hilton, on Flickr

240 Gardner:

I am told that all the Atky’s will be parked together so it really will be a sight for sore eyes if indeed this is the case Chris ! truly Roses parked among many Thorns ! :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

240 Gardner:

I am told that all the Atky’s will be parked together so it really will be a sight for sore eyes if indeed this is the case Chris ! truly Roses parked among many Thorns ! :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Sounds good, Dennis! Hope the weather holds out for you - don’t want any traction problems with the bath chair going up to Orme Head :wink:

Have fun admiring the Roses :slight_smile:

Photo at Llandudno some yrs ago ,I’ve had the Dennis probably 16 yrs now I’d think .

240 Gardner:

Bewick:

240 Gardner:

Bewick:

Hope Mike’s splendid BTS motor will still look this good, 19 years after the restoration!

Atkinson Boderer W H Bowker Blackburn 34 ABV317M Frank Hilton. IMG_3501_ by frank hilton, on Flickr

I’m sure it will Chris as it is cosseted like a “cake and an egg” inside a heated warehouse when not “on duty” ! Now that is one super shot of the Bowker Atky ! immaculate ! Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:
I’m sure it will Chris as it is cosseted like a “cake and an egg” inside a heated warehouse when not “on duty” ! Now that is one super shot of the Bowker Atky ! immaculate ! Cheers Dennis.

And so it should! I think the paint job on Bowker 34 is looking good to say it was done in 2000, and it did spend a winter or two outside - credit to Longton Coachcraft for the paintwork. It would be good to see the two Borderers parked together one day - the days of yore up the M1 & M6 eh?

Punchy Dan:
Photo at Llandudno some yrs ago ,I’ve had the Dennis probably 16 yrs now I’d think .

Looks like it still gets the odd load in as well Dan?

That was 2010 iirc Pete ,I collected a load of wood chip for my own use of course :blush: ,and got photographed by a Jenkinson driver :wink: