Krupp cabbed atkinson

Guest:
its took me a while but as promised heres the krupp cabbed atki’s
the picture quality is bad im afraid.
i think my scanner is giving up the ghost and its only 7 years old!

Great to see this Pic again, as shown in T&D April 1990, who was the operator of the truck? :question:

380streamline:

Guest:

Great to see this Pic again, as shown in T&D April 1990, who was the operator of the truck? :question:

They were called Dixon’s - I think Dixon Pork Butchers, or similar. The fleet number on the front panel shows DPB. It will probably have been registered by the factory, with its Lancs registration

Cool, thanks for the info :sunglasses:

Hi we had one in Belgium who stayed after the Brussels Motorshow and was sold here;
cheers Eric,

atkinsonvannestebe.jpg

that kupp atkinson in spitalfields market was owned by ray hornet and driven by kenney pomfret.

littlelegs:
that kupp atkinson in spitalfields market was owned by ray hornet and driven by kenney pomfret.

Borough. I took over the Malta Cross job from Ray but I never met him. The F88’s owner was called Len who lived in Tottenham.

this photo is from another good site to be found HERE](Totalise default page)

Thanks for those Mal, but I don’t think I could fall in love with a Krupp :cry:

Another photo on the site you linked was this:

The caption read ‘inside that famous cab’, but that one wasn’t the famous one,
if I was forced to I would say it was the interior of an Aussie Atki, an exceedingly square fibreglass affair.

What do others think?

Salut, David.

oh, the look of the krupp to the mk2 cab is no comparison dave i agree. theres little looks better in my mind than a nice borderer! seddon have done some very nice sleek cabs as well. very much like the mk1 & mk2 cabs. i think the square aussie ones are interesting but square and boring!

heres an example from the web

and another one of the same motor different source.

ive got a few more of my own in books and the cabs are very nice. pity the scanner si so crap, i might scane em in tommorow though!

Mal - that wagon used to belong to Graham Edge, then it passed to Colin Pitt from Otley (the restorer).

It used to attend AEC rallies on account of it having an AV470 engine.

OK - the following picture comes to you all from 240 Gardner, and is of another British-registered Krupp-cabbed Silver Knight.

marky:
Mal - that wagon used to belong to Graham Edge, then it passed to Colin Pitt from Otley (the restorer).

It used to attend AEC rallies on account of it having an AV470 engine.

its a beut aint it marky! yes, interesting bit of info that, i have more pics of the seddon cab in artic & 8 legger, i think therye a very sleek cab. but the scanner i have is terrible, i might need a new one if its not a settings problem!

nice extra pic of the krupps too by the way!

I reckon it’s your settings Mal…I get that ‘weave’ problem sometimes too when I scan.

any ideas of what to try andy?

I think (I’m not really 100% sure)…the problem is to do with the resolution of the pictures in books, which is less than an original photographic print would be. As I understand it the scanner picks up the lack of close up detail which isn’t noticable when you just look at the photo in a book with the naked eye.

If you’ve got photoshop or paintshop there are automatic correction things for this kind of effect.

I’d suggest you try scanning a print of photo you took your self to see if it happens with that, that might give you an idea if this is the problem or not.

andy, you might be on to something there mate! not long back, i scanned some photos in for carl, and they came out pretty good. these bad ens are like ytou say, from a book! so that might be the answer! i might even post a query of how to remedy this in the relevant forum on here! :smiley:

Spardo:
Thanks for those Mal, but I don’t think I could fall in love with a Krupp :cry:

Another photo on the site you linked was this:

The caption read ‘inside that famous cab’, but that one wasn’t the famous one,
if I was forced to I would say it was the interior of an Aussie Atki, an exceedingly square fibreglass affair.

What do others think?

Salut, David.

You’re right David - this is an interior shot of the one Aussie cab imported to the U.K.

marky:
OK - the following picture comes to you all from 240 Gardner, and is of another British-registered Krupp-cabbed Silver Knight.

is this pic taken at manchester spitafeild fruite market? I seem the remember the veiw from way back

Mal:
oh, the look of the krupp to the mk2 cab is no comparison dave i agree. theres little looks better in my mind than a nice borderer! seddon have done some very nice sleek cabs as well. very much like the mk1 & mk2 cabs. i think the square aussie ones are interesting but square and boring!

heres an example from the web

and another one of the same motor different source.

ive got a few more of my own in books and the cabs are very nice. pity the scanner si so crap, i might scane em in tommorow though!

Wow these photo’s bring back some memories I have driven all of these in my time :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :laughing: :laughing: oh the good old days

Sorry,i’m not much up on Seddon Atkinson,what was the reason for pushing out the bonnet,I am guessing a longer engine.

I have an image burned in my brain of passing a Benfields coal truck laboring up Deddington Hill on the A45 circa 1970.Any one have any pictures of coal trucks from that time.