Truck Magazine

Hello I’m looking for a truck magazine from the eighties which featured S Harrison’s from Sheffield and Osbournes who ran Scammell Handyman’s

Got this one from the 90’s Gary. May have the other one somewhere. :wink:

Click on pages twice to read.

Thanks mate [emoji1303]

That last piece in the article stating that one Birmingham a day was enough echoes what my last ‘gaffer’ (The late Frank Gough) used to say when I had been picking loads up here, there and everywhere to make a decent wage; “It isn’t the amount of work you do Peter, it’s what it costs me for you to do it that worries me” and he was quite right! You could tear arse around getting load after load in but often a load less could mean more profit (or less loss really) because less wear and diesel would be used relative to what the rate of the job was. He always reckoned that when the weights for artics increased many 44 tonne bulkers were carting the extra 6 tonnes around for practically nothing, maybe he was right? :confused:

Pete.

i used to love seeing Sid Harrison’s Scammell Highwayman artics trundling down the M1 in the mid-late '80’s :smiley:

gazsa401:
Hello I’m looking for a truck magazine from the eighties which featured S Harrison’s from Sheffield and Osbournes who ran Scammell Handyman’s

Isn’t it the one with the Killingbeck Atkinsons on the front cover, and the legend, “Recession Rebuilds”?

I think there was talk of Osborne building up a 38T Trunker with a turbo Gardner

240 Gardner:

gazsa401:

Isn’t it the one with the Killingbeck Atkinsons on the front cover, and the legend, “Recession Rebuilds”?

I think there was talk of Osborne building up a 38T Trunker with a turbo Gardner

Thanks for the reply Chris I’ve got the Truck Magazine “Recession Rebuilds” and you’re right it did feature Killingbecks also J Barrettes and a short piece from Tommy Riding
Unfortunately not the magazine I’m looking for cheers Gary [emoji1303]

Peter Harrison is now selling ALL of the Co’s Scammell’s :astonished: article in this month’s Classic & vintage Commercials. if i had a few spare quid i’d buy one of the Highwayman unit’s.