Favourite decade

have you got a favourite decade in time? whether youd want to go back in time and actually live it, or you just have a fave time for the lorrys that were on the road at that tiem.

it might be a combination of things, like the motors and the job, or life in general then, the lackj of pc rubbish and the regulations we have to put up with ect, so whats yours, and why?

ive started the poll off from way back in the 1930’s just in case! :laughing: and ive stopped it at the 80’s, after all this is the old time forum and the 90’s are only the other day! :wink:

ive voted the 60’s. id love to experience the job as it was in the 50’s, but to be honest i wouldnt have the bottle to want to live then, ive had a couple of winters with no heater at all (theyre were broke) and it really aint for the faint of heart! i wouldnt want it all the time!

id live back in the 60’s and do the job a lot of the trucks are favourites of mine and i would have the 70’s and 80’s all over again to drive through! also there wouldnt be all this red tape and h&s bull ■■■■■ to deal with!

i voted the eighties as i love the trucks from back then and i wouldve loved to have done european work back then and even had a go at the middle east :laughing:

Im quite looking forward to the one after next :stuck_out_tongue: although it would be a bonus if I could drive an F12 in 2029 :stuck_out_tongue:

Mal:
ive voted the 60’s. !

Me too, travelling the world.

id love to experience the job as it was in the 50’s, but to be honest i wouldnt have the bottle to want to live then, ive had a couple of winters with no heater at all (theyre were broke) and it really aint for the faint of heart! i wouldnt want it all the time!

Err,what makes you think we had heaters in the 60s Mal :question: :unamused: :laughing:

Salut, David.

Err,what makes you think we had heaters in the 60s Mal

Salut, David.

:laughing: :laughing: because i drove a few 60’s steeds early in my own career dave, and they had heaters in them! ok, they might not have worked a lot of the time…but they did have them at least…come to think of it, a good d series or tk heater ( both 60’s motors) would burn you out of the cab! :wink:

the 50’s motors from what i can gather didnt have them at all! at least a broken one can be fixed! i would love to drive those beasts though, poodling round at 20mph! about a week to tip & turn scotch, marvellous! :smiley:

Carl:
i voted the eighties as i love the trucks from back then and i wouldve loved to have done european work back then and even had a go at the middle east :laughing:

i regeret not doing it then when i had the chance carl, im sure i could have got a drive over the water a very long way if id have tried. but now im mad for it (not the m.e. tho) so all aint yet lost!

Wheel Nut:
Im quite looking forward to the one after next :stuck_out_tongue: although it would be a bonus if I could drive an F12 in 2029 :stuck_out_tongue:

i’ll be glad if i last this one out! :wink:

I’ll go for the '70s, or mid '70s to be precise. The period that saw the launch of the Transconti, ERF B Series, Bedford TM, Marathon etc. All vastly different from what preceded them and a real interest to see for the first time. Yet even those were surpassed by the arrival of the Volvo F10

I was old enough to know better; but still young enough to enjoy it!
Born 1952
Married 1980
:wink:

70’s for me, young free and single and just starting as a driver.

its good to see plenty of different choices, though i think im surprised that the 80’s in winning at the moment!

:smiley: :smiley: 70’s for me,driving Yorks. Scotch.And my first trip abroad,Leeds to Maroc. great times,Im.still like that in my head sometimes. cheers Joe. :wink: :wink: :wink: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Mines got to be the 60’s and everything that went with it including the stocking tops :laughing:

Early seventies, left school and walked into a job (one of many).

Used to be as proud as punch to say I was a lorry mechanic, now it’s technician? I mean what is a technician? To me a technician is a girl in a dentists, 50 years of age and still see my self as a lorry mechanic.

Now employed in the rail industry fixing 19 litre qsk ■■■■■■■ engines, full blown electronics and fly by wire; but I’m still a lorry mechanic and the best mates a guy could have are lorry drivers :smiley:

depablo:
Used to be as proud as punch to say I was a lorry mechanic, now it’s technician? I mean what is a technician? To me a technician is a girl in a dentists, 50 years of age and still see my self as a lorry mechanic.

glad to see somebody else that aint impressed with all the bull ■■■■ speak thats been invented in the last 20 years! :smiley: