Monckton Transport Ltd.........does anybody remember them?

Just out of interest i thought i’d see if anybody knew of Monckton Transport LTD.
It was my grandads company which he ran from yalding kent between the 1950’s (earlier i think) until it finally ceased in 1980 something. He only had around 10 vehicles which travelled up and doen the country carrying,hops,fruit,cattle etc,etc.
I don’t expect anybody has heard of them but thanks in advance! :smiley: :smiley:

the name rings a bell got any picture

Im unable to put the pictures on the computer but the vehicles were a dark shade of red with white writing, i hope this may jog your memory! :smiley: :smiley:

theres a cracking old (early 30s) photo of 3 of their AECs with hop sacks loaded five high and riders, in peter davies’ book “trucks in britain: drawbar outfits” but cant tell you anything else i’m afraid

Like these? Sorry about the size, a bit late at night :cry:

Salut, David.

they could fit a bit more on there! :wink:

WOW, my grandads got that picture, didnt think anyone would know of them, my grandad will be surprised!THANKS A LOT! AMAZING!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Thats when my grandads grandad was still running it, years ago!
Thanks again! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Mikeb:
WOW, my grandads got that picture, didnt think anyone would know of them, my grandad will be surprised!THANKS A LOT! AMAZING!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Glad you’re pleased Mike :laughing: , were they all parked outside his house? You could park anywhere you liked in those days. :open_mouth: .

Salut, David.

With a load like that and coming out of Kent they have got to be a load of hops :laughing:

Mikeb:

Mike, you will have to teach your Grandad to use a computer, then he can come on here and tell us young pups how it use to be :smiley:

agreed malc, itd be very interesting to meet the fellow!

Nice idea, many have tried but he’d rather be in his workshop!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
although he maybe getting the internet…theres a first time for everything!!! :smiley: :smiley:

Taskman:
With a load like that and coming out of Kent they have got to be a load of hops :laughing:

Nah, it’s barrels of glider fuel…

Marky,
It’s whats called a cap load :slight_smile:

Spardo:
Like these? Sorry about the size, a bit late at night :cry:

Salut, David.

how about overloaded on the front axel :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: