Hilton park 1994

hilton park 1994.
anyone remember being overtaken by this lot?

youtube.com/watch?v=WoaYnJoMKD4

dieseldog999:
hilton park 1994.
anyone remember being overtaken by this lot?

youtube.com/watch?v=WoaYnJoMKD4

That was a time when I was at my most active in taking old motors to rallies, and I was often heading south on the M6 on a Sunday morning in one of the Atkis at around 45 mph, and loads of these herberts would have come off the ferry somewhere and ■■■■ near blew the doors of the Atki as they went past!

have you got a picture of your bruised elbow as proof??
with the size of your atki mirrors its not as if you would have seen them coming… :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:
have you got a picture of your bruised elbow as proof??
with the size of your atki mirrors its not as if you would have seen them coming… :slight_smile:

I kept my elbows well in as a matter of course!!

near 25yrs ago ■■■■!! mind all these companies.different days to be sure!

I remember most of those guys. used to run south with them, no good trying to get in to Hilton Park when they were running… There was usually a bit of a pot going, 10 quid each on the boat, couple of hundred quid for the first in… but you had to wait for the guy that carried the stash before you got paid and there was usually a bit of squabble… ( he’s running lite )

Proper sign writing, broken speed limiter if any, no mandatory Hi Viz either… trip money…out on Sunday, back Thursday… Was it better then ■■?

Jeff…

id think in lots of ways it was,
no limiters,a bit of craic and cameradrie,no h&s overkil,no microlise or fleetboard,no wombles,left to crack on and do your own thing assuming you were capable of doing the job in the first place.
not always delivering to places that run 24/7 so you could go down the docks and find a randy vanwarmer… :slight_smile:
better trucks nowadays obviously,but apart from that its just a downhill spiral of overkill till theres only the new breed of kebab meat in the seat steering wheel attendants left.

There was a time when I could get stuck into a lamb kebab and bbq sauce without having to eat half a packet of Rennies for desert…

Jeff…

Thought you old skool drivers were top drawer…

2 trucks into 4 bays…Jesus :laughing:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^that looks like a 1 am effort after a 24 hr on the hoof ,I’d have just parked across the lot :laughing: