S E G Transport Hull

Hi Guys.

Does anybody have any old pictures or details of the SEG fleet from Hull ? trying to put there history together Thanks

Barry Read wrote a book about his early days of BB Read and mentions working for Valley Transport. owned by Stewart, Esplen & Greenhough.

It was Valley Transport first and became SEG later on.

They did a lot of work for Rowntrees in York but also worked around Hull with Richardson Transport

Wheel Nut:
Barry Read wrote a book about his early days of BB Read and mentions working for Valley Transport. owned by Stewart, Esplen & Greenhough.

It was Valley Transport first and became SEG later on.

They did a lot of work for Rowntrees in York but also worked around Hull with Richardson Transport

I remember SEG,they came into MFS at Maltby twice a week with a TK artic,trailer was a box van,step frame type. Weren’t they on Wincomlee Malc?

Yes Chris, you can still see part of the yard. Next time I’m in the Whalebone I will try to get a picture

Thanks Guys for your replies , do you know of any fleet pictures that are around?

Again guys thanks

The only pictures I have seen are on the net, one with a sheeted load on the docks

Thanks Wheel Nut , I found that one a while ago I believe It was a dodge , but typical me I lost It and having prob’s relocating It again. the search goes on, plus there Is not much on Valley Transport either

Cheers

Are you in York or Hull? Hull has a fantastic history centre and York must have something in Castle Museum about the confection trade. Terrys, Rowntree and Cravens.

I’m interested in Needlers Bluebird Toffees too

Hi Wheel Nut

No I live a long way from both, the project I am working on Is creating a history of NMU(1953)LTD In model form, I have got down to the SEG/NMU vehicles I know some of the SEG vehicles were NMU vehicles, I have made models for many of the fleet , I will be looking at then the contract hire side.

Again thanks

Well I remember Stewart Eslpen & Greenough, AKA SEG, They had a yard in Hull cant recall the street but it was near Barmston Street Cafe IIRC, I worked for F Short & Sons in 1968, They Had a depot in Hull & did a bit work from SEG, We used to tip loads at SEGs for storage & quite often re-load from them for the North East, SEG Were a good lot they also had a depot at North Gosforth which is now a Tyre Spot depot, Its next door to The Murray Hogg Ltd Depot on Sandy Lane, The god old days , Regards Larry.

Thanks Larry what I would like to do Is track down any pictures so I can ID the reg numbers of ex NMU vehicles and make a model of one to add to the NMU collection.

Thanks Larry for your help

Regards
John

York Trunker:
Thanks Larry what I would like to do Is track down any pictures so I can ID the reg numbers of ex NMU vehicles and make a model of one to add to the NMU collection.

Thanks Larry for your help

Regards
John

You are very welcome, I hope you get some good responce, Regards Larry.

Larry
You are a gentleman thanks again John