The Tyne Bridge Newcastle upon Tyne

Ive read in the local paper about our famous Tyne Bridge, Its 90 Years old, How about that eh. My late Grandad hauled some of the structure from Cleveland Bridge & Engineering works on Teeside with his steam traction engine, Sadly I dont have any photos of this but I do have photos of these old traction engines on other jobs, Regards Larry.

Here’s a few pictures taken during it’s construction in 1928.

Tyne-Bridge-1-Feb1928-001.jpg

tyne-bridge-photo-6.jpg

tyne-bridge-photo-7.jpg

When men were men and H&S was unheard of, it beggars belief, skill and a head for heights, longer version follows.
youtube.com/watch?v=MfcyDejA6Ek
Oily

oiltreader:
When men were men and H&S was unheard of, it beggars belief, skill and a head for heights

:smiley:

tyne-bridge-photo-5.jpg

moomooland:

oiltreader:
When men were men and H&S was unheard of, it beggars belief, skill and a head for heights

:smiley:

Thank you “moomooland” These are great shots of it being constructed, Regards Larry.

Not the best of pics.

tyne.PNG

DEANB:
Not the best of pics.

Its not bad though, The ERF is one of Associated Leads, Sadley they are no longer trading, Regards Larry.

Will be visiting my uncle this week to pick his brains see him much he remembers about this although he was only 9 at the time

moomooland:

Was that you driving the AEC. Larry? Must have been about your time there. Regards Kev.

moomooland:

Thats a blast from the past, I drove this Mandator for a short while MTN 464 E It was the first one Shorts got I performed very well but it did have overheating issues from time to time, Thanks for posting all these photos, Regards Larry.

kevmac47:

moomooland:

Was that you driving the AEC. Larry? Must have been about your time there. Regards Kev.

Hi Kev it was the late Don Johnson who got it from new, The AEC That I drove was UBB 805 G Which I got new, Regards Larry.