Looking for any pictures and stories of Andy’s Tranport Banb

I worked for Andy’s of Banbury along with my father and grand father. Terry Andrews from Andy’s is doing a talk in Banbury in January 2019. I have many pictures and stories from my time there and with the colleagues I worked with. I would like to pass on to him your stories and pictures too.
Many Thanks.

Hi JOHN
,i never worked for ANDYS I used to know a lot of the drivers but the names I do not remember ,some of the older men were there after the war,i was on BANBURY brs also MORTONS at chippy from 1968 until 1980 we used to do the same work ,Andys allways had a good fleet, why or how I never worked for them I do not know, but I lived out at woodford so early starts would have been a bit much I suppose.

Chasing back to general foods with a oversisze loads of coffee beans, loose loaded tea before the new tea warehouse, I would have thought most men in road haulage in the Banbury are started at ANDYS, blue and red, them old narrow roads chipping Norton down to Cheltenham…i hope you get a good respone at the talk this is the first time I have seen ANDYS mentioned on here… dbp. the name gilly has just sprung to me.

Hi

Thank you for replying. Gilly Aston was my grand father, Barry is my dad, he was a driver for Andy’s, big bloke with a beard.
I’m hoping for some good stories and I’ve already found some pics.
Regards

John

Hi john,
do not be disheartened by no replies or photos ,my view, the reason is im 74 now when Andys was in full boom the 19 50/60/70,in my view, non of us drivers ever had cameras ,I used to be with Andys drivers most ports or wharfs as we did the same work, and for a driver to have a camera and taken photos would have been alien, ask your dad or grandad it just did not happen, most photographs taken Of [LORRIES] would have been by enthusiasts who never driven a lorry in their lives ,because it would have been the talk at the cafes ,[did you see that ■■■■ taken photos he must be mad] OR a ministry mean [ask your dad].

Iwould have thought the being close to GAYDONthat some of the local men would have been on this site but over the last 5 years hardly any one from our/YOUR area posts, I left in 1990 ,now on the south coast ,maybe being on computers is not their thing, i remember the union man in fact I remember a lot in my head but names no chance, i used to work with the departed FRANK TOMS [Morton’s]ex Andys FOR YEARS all your OLDER men would have known him. he used to tell me back then of the stories down the old A41 [THE GOAT TRACK] from BIRKENHEAD,SPILLERS.
Please post the date when the talk and where it is taking place, i will try to get to itl
rgds vic stowe.[peggydeckboy]

Hi

Yes of course I will let you know. My dad was telling me tonight to say to you that he knew
Len Fox and Bunny Humpries at Morton BRS.

Regards

John

Thank you…yes I knew them both very well in fact I went to school with bunny,also I was one of the drivers,who sadly was with bunny when he passed away .
Where len went to I have no idea.

A couple of pics.

andys banbury.PNG

Hi

Hope you are well, I have just spoken to my dad and he has confirmed that the Andy’s Transport talk that I mentioned is Thursday 24th January at 8pm at the Banbury cricket club.
If you are able to attend ask for my dad, Barry Aston
I am unable to attend.

Kind regards

John