nippress

anyone remember them i used to work for a subbie on nippress mainly outta felixstowe but somtimes outta hull.i heard bob nippress was running trans@ and his brother had somthing to do with cool logistics :laughing:

some of the nippress family are running cool solutions cos when i was at longs i used to load the euro stuff mainly holland from scotland for them and a lot of the drivers at hull depot came from nippress and when they started cool solutions they went to them.

Blimey,I remember Nippress when they had the office in the IMM building in Felixstowe.Bloke called Steve used to run it.
If I remember rightly,the first truck they had was an F7 Volvo,and then an F12.
Fred Archer used to do quite a bit of their work when I drove for him,and one of his driver’s left to drive the F7 when the F12 came home.

At that time some of the trailer’s had seen better day’s,confirmed by the fact that I had half a trailer spring fall off on the A23 one day and go through the front of someones car radiator.
Though I only found that out after plod came to visit Fred asking to see the trailer.Luckily it had been shipped back to Holland.

Fred used to have a nice little number where we would pick up a loaded trailer from outside Nippress’s office on a Friday evening,take the night boat from Felixstowe to Europoort,drop the trailer on the quay in Europoort Saturday morning then bobtail down to the Sea-Land terminal in Rotterdam to pick up a loaded container of Philips TV tubes.
We’d then run down to Zeebrugge for the night boat back to Felixstowe and tip the boxes in Basildon Monday morning.

Those were the day’s!

I thought Peter Nippress sold it all to CCC and Hogg Robinson before his lad started Trans@