Looking for pictures of a 6500 gal tanker trailer

Hi All.

Someone out there is sure to be able to help me with this one.

I would like to build a model of a 6500 7 pot trailer and am looking for any photos or better still pointing in the direction where I might find one to photograph and run a tape measure over.

Used to work for Biss Bros and would like to re create the F88 and trailer I used to drive.

Thanks All.

Balloonie.

Are these any use to you both 7 pot spirit tanks ran by Sadler Tankers on Phillips contract.

Plus another.

Hi John.

They are a bit longer than the 70s ones and have an axle to many but will download them into a file to keep just in case nothing else turns up.

There is a tanker trailer beside the A1 that I want to have a look at next time I am that way.

Thanks for the help.

Balloonie.

balloonie:
Hi John.

They are a bit longer than the 70s ones and have an axle to many but will download them into a file to keep just in case nothing else turns up.

There is a tanker trailer beside the A1 that I want to have a look at next time I am that way.

Thanks for the help.

Balloonie.

Hi Balloonie do these help you any better? transportphotos.com/road/photos

This ex esso is definatley a 7 pot compartment twin axle from the 70s

Stanfield:
Hi Balloonie do these help you any better?
This ex esso is definatley a 7 pot compartment twin axle from the 70s

That hits the spot John.
Big supers, no side guards and tandem
[emoji12][emoji457]

It certainly does Mal I remember Roger T running these when Townsons were on Esso T/Park.(Happy Days)

Hi All.

Thanks for the replies, they all help.

Stanfield. Don’t suppose the ex esso is still there, wherever there is?

Balloonie.

Stopped yesterday and had a look at that trailer at Foxton on the A1 and I think it was an old Tar trailer, it is a single pot probably 5000 gal. Bugger thought I had cracked it with that one. Mailed the yard at Rush Green last week asking if I could go and have a look at the one they have but never got a reply so back to the drawing board, also mailed a company up Durham way about one they had and never got a reply from them ether.

Keep looking though.

Balloonie.

Is this any use? Not a 7potter but definitely the period your looking for.
I’ve got quite a few shots of it if needed.Regards Kev.

kevmac47:
I’ve got quite a few shots of it if needed.Regards Kev.0

Hi Kev.

That is fantastic, any pictures would be welcome.

Any idea where it is based please?

Balloonie.

balloonie:
Hi All.

Someone out there is sure to be able to help me with this one.

I would like to build a model of a 6500 7 pot trailer and am looking for any photos or better still pointing in the direction where I might find one to photograph and run a tape measure over.

Used to work for Biss Bros and would like to re create the F88 and trailer I used to drive.

Thanks All.

Balloonie.

This may intrest you Balloonie. :wink:

Click on pages twice to read.

balloonie:

kevmac47:

Hi Kev.

Balloonie.

It’s garaged near Durham, I used to be part owner of the vehicle , I can get access to it with a phone call to the owner, who is a contributor to the Forum . Pm me with a phone no. Regards Kev.

kevmac47:

balloonie:

kevmac47:

Hi Kev.

Balloonie.

It’s garaged near Durham, I used to be part owner of the vehicle , I can get access to it with a phone call to the owner, who is a contributor to the Forum . Pm me with a phone no. Regards Kev.

Hi Kev.

Did you get my PM I sent with my phone number on as I haven’t heard I wondered if I had done the PM wrong.

Norman.