star lady

i read with a fair bit of mirth about a character called “star lady” that tried to knock the 7 colours of ■■■■ out of peter davies in his account in the classic & vintage jan edition.

appaerntly mr davis was about to take a photo of a erf c series on a sdervices when a 20stone woman steamed in and asked the driver of the erf for his cab bar so she could give davies a belting! :laughing:

i was wondering, does anyone know thisa character star lady, or do you come here star lady? i’d love to know! :laughing:

There was a lady of that description who used to drive an dark blue eight-wheel ERF tipper (B-Series). It used to run into Seaforth Mill with wheat quite regularly, as well as Ainscoughs at Burscough.

There was also a lady who ran a light blue F7 six-wheel tipper on local wheat around West Lancashire. She struck fear into many people who got in her way also.

She wouldn’t take any help with sheets, or anything and got quite upset with male drivers who made her look less than competent.

you never know marky! he does not list which services it is, though. oh, ive seen a few robust women on the job, but this one really gave me a belly laugh! you never know, someone on here might well know the woman. then again star lady might well have been a common cb name, as i reckon thats what it was. c series erf (if new) would be mid 80’s eh??