Bulgaria and Macedonia

Here is a little think for all you Eastern Bloc men. My daughter and her partner run a pet transport
business called Furry Freight. They have been to Spain and Portugal but no further. They have been offered work collecting dogs in Bulgaria and Macedonia. Now I’ve been around and done the usual but not those two. I gat a phone call from her asking me to sort out a route. Fancy asking an eighty year old! I’ve got a job finding the bathroom. Could one of you kind guys help a poor old pensioner out. Many thanks regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

id be making sure they wernt lifting any furries that have recently had surgery or been injured and stitched up.
that way they wont be full of anything naughty .

dieseldog999:
id be making sure they wernt lifting any furries that have recently had surgery or been injured and stitched up.

Too right. They’ve done a few trips to Spain and Portugal.

All the Rescue Centres they go to are run by Brits. And all paperwork

is done for them.not for me though Too old now. We’d never get anywhere

with me having to stop every half hour. I think their only problem is a route. I can tell them how to get to (Spelling ). Speilafeld. But that’s it. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

dieseldog999:

Good God,DD,I would never had considered your comments as being viable,but you are so correct,evil drug mules will stop at nothing to get their “goodies” through regardless of who or what are affected,what a sad world we live in.

David

I used to drive to the old Yugoslavia for my holidays often as far as Dubrovnik.It’s first just a simple run with numerous options either through Germany and Austria and/or Italy to Slovenia.With some very good road upgrades South etc seeming to have been made across the old Yugo since previous times.The usual way I went then was Calais to the German border crossing of choice ( Aachen or Strasbourg ) then follow the autobahn network to Munich then Salzburg and Klagenfurt to either Trieste and Rijeka or sometimes to Ljubljana.Routes to the South/South East of Ljubljana are then straightforward via Zagreb.

all tried and tested methods i would assume.
they have done it on human corpses before,so poor old rover wouldnt cause them a second thought.
i always wonder what those dudes that advertise on ebay and the likes doing removals,and single items,cars and such fare when they are just lifting anything and everything abroad to return with.

Why would anybody want to collect dogs from Bulgaria? :confused:
How many are they collecting ? what sort of vehicle will be used ? If it’s only a small light vehicle fire up the European mapped Garmin.

grumpy old man:
How many are they collecting ? what sort of vehicle will be used ? If it’s only a small light vehicle fire up the European mapped Garmin.

Don’t tell I tell he! I don’t think my daughter is doing it just for the money although it does help.

They have a long wheelbase Sprinter all fitted out with aircon,Cages with a supply of water to each. Air suspension all passed by DEFRA .Is the European mapped Garmin the best? Many thanks for your suggestions. I know I sound like a worrier but she’s mine. However she’s 53 for Gods sake. Big enough to look after herself eh? Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing: ps. 8 dogs.

loads of bad dog dealers coming that way why we getting dogs have they got passports ect be carefull

I’m sure Sofia will be vastly different from when I went through it in 1976. Brother Andy and I were returning from Damascus and missed the bypass signs. We finished up in the centre. We went to a supermarket where there was almost nothing to buy except what seemed to be canned grass - shelf after shelf full of it. In the butchery we bought sausage. This later proved to be garlic and gristle! When we came out our parking had caused a trolley bus driver to use a long pole to disconnect the lines. We drove away to much cursing. At the time in England, there were arguments about one or two pounds of sugar - in short supply in the supermarket. It was impossible to convey to the many leftists in our shipyard town the difference between ‘poverty’ in Britain and even day to day life there.

I’m sure it’s improved now!

charlie one:

grumpy old man:

Don’t tell I tell he! I don’t think my daughter is doing it just for the money although it does help.

They have a long wheelbase Sprinter all fitted out with aircon,Cages with a supply of water to each. Air suspension all passed by DEFRA .Is the European mapped Garmin the best? Many thanks for your suggestions. I know I sound like a worrier but she’s mine. However she’s 53 for Gods sake. Big enough to look after herself eh? Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing: ps. 8 dogs.

Well my Garmin took me ‘door to door’ from home in Dewsbury to a house in a village in Southern Germany.

amazon.co.uk/dp/B01BDW46XK/ … B005J9A2NW

As I mostly now live in Bulgaria I have done the trip many times, my normal route would be via Serbia, as they have really good peage style roads, but if you are carrying animals on the European ‘passport’ scheme it will have to be via Romania, again roads have improved dramatically over the last ten years, Buccharest ring road excepted. Then from either Serbia or Romania it’s Hungary (expect border delays!!) Austria, Germany, all the way across on the A3 and A4, again massive road improvements with very few delays. As I do the trip a couple of times every year I also know where to buy fuel, for example last year diesel could be bought in Austria for €1 (£0.88p) per liter, todays price in Bulgaria is £1.01p a liter. If you need any more detailes info give me a shout.

grumpy old man:

charlie one:

grumpy old man:

Well my Garmin took me ‘door to door’ from home in Dewsbury to a house in a village in Southern Germany.

amazon.co.uk/dp/B01BDW46XK/ … B005J9A2NW

As did my Garmin when I drove from up north UK to Central Portugal when I retired,faultless trip,I now drive a BMW with BMW sat nav,Garmin beats it hands down for destinations and accuracy.

David

Good morning Charlie.
If you look on the Uk Referendom site you will find a posting by SPARDO.
He is a brit living in France who for years moves dogs about all over the continent, have a look at his site.
Due to insurance issues arround 1999- 2002 in old Yugo I did a few Fast ferries from Ancona to Igoumenitsa, Kozani, Bitola, up to Skopje.
That was a unit and fridge so a van would be a lot cheaper and boats have dog cages on deck, maybe worth checking out eh ! Harvey