Roger pickering photo's

Roger had kindly sent me about 800 photographs of lorries he has took in the mid 1980’s, most are took off Junction 4 M54, some at junction 15 M6 and Junction 12 M6,
Roger asks to please credit him if anyone wishes to share any of the images, Cheer’s Pete

pete smith:
Roger had kindly sent me about 800 photographs of lorries he has took in the mid 1980’s, most are took off Junction 4 M54, some at junction 15 M6 and Junction 12 M6,
Roger asks to please credit him if anyone wishes to share any of the images, Cheer’s Pete

What strikes you most about the photos! Lack of traffic. Ah, the joy of the open road.
Look forward to seeing more. Photos that is not traffic.

Looks like another marvellous collection! Thanks for posting, and look forward to seeing more

Great photos ,thank you for sharing them ,“THANK YOU” Roger for taking the photos :smiley:

Thank you for your kind remarks Chris and Jakey, I will pass these on to Roger, meanwhile here are some more!

sandway:

pete smith:

What strikes you most about the photos! Lack of traffic. Ah, the joy of the open road.
Look forward to seeing more. Photos that is not traffic.

Hi Sandway,
Out of the 800 pics there are about half a dozen with standing traffic in them, nowadays it would be hard to do it vice versa!

Another thread to watch, which is why I’m commenting, then I get notifications of new posts on my phone, so please ignore this.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Indeed! :sunglasses: Threads like this deserve all the encouragement and support they can get. Creating a treasure-trove takes time and effort! Robert

Well done Pete, excellent work look forward to seeing the pics. Please thank Roger
for letting us see them ! :laughing: :wink:

This is fantastic Pete, more pictures from what i class as the good old days, days that i will be eternally proud to have been a part of, i’m hopeful that there might be a picture or 2 of vehicles i drove or of that which my late stepfather drove.
Please pass on my thanks to Roger for allowing these gems to be shared.

Mark, Robert, Dean and Tankerian I will pass on your kind remarks to Roger, I saw him at Gaydon on Sunday and tried again to get him on the “net” but he ain’t having it just yet!
The hauliers in the main are Shropshire/Mid and North Wales as Roger is a Shropshire lad, he would concentrate taking photo’s of ERF’s and Fodens!
I will try to put 10 a day on as I’m not as organised as Paul Gee’s archivist!

Blower from Half Way house in Shrewsbury, and Cadwalladers Oswestry.

Well done Pete and a big thank you to Roger, the start of another great thread.
Think I will have to put another PC in shed so I can just tell the boss i am off to do a little gardening as I am spending more time on it, cheers matey. Harvey

Great photos keep them coming!
Thanks to Roger and you Pete for taking the time to take and post here.
Mightnt be a bad idea to copyright them,as theyll soon be on sale.

Harvey and Whiplash,
Thank you for the comments, if you copyright them it doesn’t stop the bandits from selling them!
Here are a few more, first pic right up your street Jakey!
I have already posted the Cawley pics on the North Wales thread for Mike! Cheer’s Pete

Some great pics on here Pete thanks for sharing :sunglasses: love the steel bumper E series .

Thank you Pete for the latest photos ,love the small Volvo drawbar , looks a bit scruffy but nice ,I am also a fan of BRS TRUCKS , ex Oxford depot fitter and later a driver . thanks pete

One thing i did notice is the evolution with axles.

Some are 2x2 then you go 2x3 and 3x2 then 3x3 My how things changed.

Nice to see pics of Cadwallader’s motors Pete,they were a big Volvo user in the 70s and 80’s.
They used to use Poole-Cherbourg ferry every week. :wink:

JAKEY:
Thank you Pete for the latest photos ,love the small Volvo drawbar , looks a bit scruffy but nice ,I am also a fan of BRS TRUCKS , ex Oxford depot fitter and later a driver . thanks pete

Who are you calling scruffy lol body was second hand at that point was on a tk first there is a dodgy t shape repair on the rear door where a tipper hit it and the locker was because someone took out the side skirt. Hows that man treating you ?